Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past year and a half i have been fighting an intake leak on my 88. It has the 4.0 head swap on it that me and my dad did some years back and we just haven't been able to get it to run great. I've been doing to research into different things i could do to make it run better. ideally i'd like to just stick with a carb. mostly because of price and simplicity. I came across an adapter for a 4.0 intake for a carb, my main question is would i be able to run a 4.0 intake would i need to seal the fuel injector ports and how so? I'm debating on this or one of the aftermaket intakes but if this would work it would save me $$. Thanks in advance. B.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Over the past year and a half i have been fighting an intake leak on my 88. It has the 4.0 head swap on it that me and my dad did some years back and we just haven't been able to get it to run great. I've been doing to research into different things i could do to make it run better. ideally i'd like to just stick with a carb. mostly because of price and simplicity. I came across an adapter for a 4.0 intake for a carb, my main question is would i be able to run a 4.0 intake would i need to seal the fuel injector ports and how so? I'm debating on this or one of the aftermaket intakes but if this would work it would save me $$. Thanks in advance. B.
I do know that you need to plug the injector holes. What adapter are you looking at? I highly recommend Gronk performance on eBay, he makes very high quality parts in-house, awesome price and customer service.

Here's a link http://m.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-4-0-Inta...rburetor-Adapter-Kit-/231844975286?nav=SEARCH

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I've got a 4brl. intake from "Clifford, 6=8 " and I will run a Holley 390 cfm carb. when I put it on mine, it is for a 4.0 head not a 4.2 head. Look in to what they have, I think you should be also using a Cam for a carb. set up and not one from a MPFI engine to get the good low end power needed for a Jeep.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Have you tried spraying starting fluid to find where the leak is? You're making it sound like you just have a gremlin that is here to stay though...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts