Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added some new 33x10.50 swamp boggers and am putting the
spare in the rear seat area. So, what are some aternative uses for the
spare tire bracket? Looks like you could bolt on some after market items such as water or tool holder, antenna, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have seen a spare gas tank that bolts on to it... thats what I was thinking of doing... I will run out of gas WAY before I need a new tire.. i just dont off road much...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Someone had posted a thread where they took that bracket off and mounted it in the back area to hold the tire in place. I dont know what your plans were but it seemed like a good idea not to have a loose tire.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I always wanted to take off one of the rear flares and mount the tire on the side old cj style

·
Registered
457 Posts
I always wanted to take off one of the rear flares and mount the tire on the side old cj style
If you always wanted to….DO IT!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marshmellow

Found a bolt that holds a center seat belt I believe, so I can fasten the
tire to the floor, so it won't move when crawling. But I like the idea of using the bracket on the inside.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd be all over mounting a gas can there, I'm still trying to figure out where to mount one on mine since my spare tire area is spoken for the the tire and Yakima bike rack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts