Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my jeep, the previous owner turned off ESP permanently by doing the steering wheel dance. I have since tried to re-activate it by doing the same, countless times, but cannot get it to turn back on. Im sick of the ESPOFF being permanently displayed so is there another way to get it turned back on? It's a 2007 JKUR

·
Registered
518 Posts
When I bought my jeep, the previous owner turned off ESP permanently by doing the steering wheel dance. I have since tried to re-activate it by doing the same, countless times, but cannot get it to turn back on. Im sick of the ESPOFF being permanently displayed so is there another way to get it turned back on? It's a 2007 JKUR
JSCAN could do it I bet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a similar issue with the TPMS light on my 16 JK because I run 28 PSI and the default is set at 37 - probably to show a better fuel economy. I couldn't find a SCAN that would turn it off and the dealer confirmed that it couldn't be set to a lower default, so............... I cut a patch out of a black garbage bag and licked it and stuck it over the light! I still have to hit the TPMS button to turn off the tire pressure illustration each time I restart it, but I don't have to be bothered by the light 24/7
!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm sure the dealership could flash an up to date stock setting tune into the vehicle and it would get it back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
Have you tried doing the steering wheel dance again to see if that turns it back?
That is how I understand it works.
There is also the chance that the previous owner put in a kill switch on the ESP system, or even simply cut the wire to disable it 24/7.
Also, check your fuses.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, tried the steering wheel dance many many times, fuses are all good. No killswitch. The previous owner told me he did the steering wheel dance to turn it off.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a similar issue with the TPMS light on my 16 JK because I run 28 PSI and the default is set at 37 - probably to show a better fuel economy. I couldn't find a SCAN that would turn it off and the dealer confirmed that it couldn't be set to a lower default, so............... I cut a patch out of a black garbage bag and licked it and stuck it over the light! I still have to hit the TPMS button to turn off the tire pressure illustration each time I restart it, but I don't have to be bothered by the light 24/7!
The Pro Cal will take care of the TPMS, and has several other helpful functions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts