Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
A quick reminder to always hook up properly. That is a chilling example of what can happen, when the equipment, and hook up points aren't done correctly.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i'm confused hear? most of my straps have loops on the end. but what do you do when you have to liunk multiple straps? can you do it without using a hook (or halfing the length of one strap)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
you mean looping two straps together like nooses? yah that works, but just be sure to hook/time them to whatever safely. But the straps need to be rated for what you are going to be doing in the first place.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
What about winch cables?? Do you have to carry a dampener?

(thanks for the article :D)
When using a winch we always just drape a coat or a blanket over the cable. I hope thats enough dampener. If not please anyone inform me I would like to keep my parts in tact:)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
^^^ You should use some of those thick moving blakets, folded over a couple of times should work great.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
^^^ You should use some of those thick moving blakets, folded over a couple of times should work great.
Or if you have a good sized towel and wet it down for winching. Makes it heavier and provides more absorbtion of the cable if it snaps.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Scary...It is amazind how much energy one of those straps can have in it. Back in my alcohol abusing days(high School) we went out on a sign gathering excursion and the rocket scientist I was with was wrapping a snatch strap around the sign poles and driving away. When those signe let loose they went flying. Mostly against the tailgate of his truck, again, he was quite the rocket scientist. Oddly enough we got busted for this little incident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts