Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Got my new switches in and installed them so all the backlighting finally works right. Green on the bottom and red on top when turned on.

Also should have my axle sleeves waiting for me at work when I get there tomorrow. That install will include, sleeves trusses, aluminum custom made front bump stops. While it's on the lift I will be painting the wheels (not looking forward to breaking the beadlocks all down).

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Got my new switches in and installed them so all the backlighting finally works right. Green on the bottom and red on top when turned on.

Also should have my axle sleeves waiting for me at work when I get there tomorrow. That install will include, sleeves trusses, aluminum custom made front bump stops. While it's on the lift I will be painting the wheels (not looking forward to breaking the beadlocks all down).
Very nice, and you set them up right! I need to go back through mine, not happy I missed doing the backlight when I ordered mine. Rookie mistake:nonono:

-Steven

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Yea my first set of switches I thought were cool but not after I saw these, so another $100 poof gone, hahhahah.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Yea my first set of switches I thought were cool but not after I saw these, so another $100 poof gone, hahhahah.
Yeah.......poof.......gone......but were not done yet:nonono: Looking forward to seeing those built axles and new wheels! How many bolts again on those beadlocks?:eek:

-Steven

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

That looks nice, sick rocker switches too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yeah.......poof.......gone......but were not done yet:nonono: Looking forward to seeing those built axles and new wheels! How many bolts again on those beadlocks?:eek:

-Steven
Yea 25 ****in bolts on each one that will need to be double torqued again, erggggg. Plus my auto lift motor broke so waiting for the replacement to come in. Guess I can't complain it's been sitting for like 13 years. Oh well I think that comes in tomorrow, the axle sleeves came in yesterday, don't really know why 2 pieces of chromoly tube cost $80 bucks but oh well. I'm going wheeling Sunday again so Monday the wheels are coming apart and I'm just doing it, or else I will never do it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Made some 4 inch rear bumpstops:

Lathed up some 4" front aluminum bumpstops:

Installed a set of Terraflex front sleeves:

While I was at it installed a set of G2 front axle trusses:

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Made some 4 inch rear bumpstops:

Lathed up some 4" front aluminum bumpstops:

Installed a set of Terraflex front sleeves:

While I was at it installed a set of G2 front axle trusses:

Those turned aluminum bumps tops are preeetty! Sleeved and trussed axle, beef! Love the new upgrades:thumb:

-Steven

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thanx, still need to get these damn wheels done, I sold my front bumper to a local guy so hopefully my new one come in this week, I need to make some modifications to it then bedliner it before the 25, heading to hardrock in Ocala.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Installed 4 of my 8 Rock lights today, they are beyond sweet, hopefully tomorrow will have time to finish the last 4.

·
The Great White Jeep
1,152 Posts
Thanx, still need to get these damn wheels done, I sold my front bumper to a local guy so hopefully my new one come in this week, I need to make some modifications to it then bedliner it before the 25, heading to hardrock in Ocala.
What liner do you use?

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Installed 4 of my 8 Rock lights today, they are beyond sweet, hopefully tomorrow will have time to finish the last 4.

Those will be useful and look damn cool my friend, bravo:thumb:

-Steven

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The liner is Ace, I got them on sale, I think they were $159. Thanx Buildit, just another expense on the never ending money pit.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
The liner is Ace, I got them on sale, I think they were $159. Thanx Buildit, just another expense on the never ending money pit.
I'm here for you man:eek:

-Steven

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
No you are not......you have it worse then me, two wrongs don't make it right, Hahahhaha.

·
The Great White Jeep
1,152 Posts
Awesome, have to check them out... but I was referring to, what bedliner coating do you use lol.

I understand the idea of rock lights, but do you often find yourself crawling at night where you would need them? Seems kinda a risky move!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Not really they are more for when I crawl through the mall and go over one of those (what are they called) oh yeah parking curb. Hope I clear it.

As for the bedliner, I have been using a company called Liner Xtreme from a guy on eBay. I buy the 3 gallon kit, I have been using it for years. Best I have seen, tried many different companies.

61 - 80 of 139 Posts