Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Was torn between 4.10 and 4.56 with my 34's before regearing. Yes I have a 6 speed so perhaps my perception is different then folks with AT's? I can say without hesitation I'm extremely happy regearing to 4.56 and now my jeep feels right. With the 3.21 I hated all the necessary shifting and almost slipping the cluth or over reving from a dead stop! Now I usually start in 2nd and it's completely smooth take off which is so much better for my clutch and tranny imo. Sure I could have continued to manage with 3.21's but the 4.56's are so much better all the way around.

As far as straight acceleration is concerned it's not a factor at all. It wasn't something I'm concerned about because I'm driving a brick! lol I have 480 miles on the new gears so I've been taking it easy. Wiil get the gear oil changed out this weekend but on a scale of 1 to 10 on being satisfied it's a soiid 10. It was money well spent imo.....

·
Registered
893 Posts
After seeing those instructions in that JScan thread, I measured mine jadmt's way, too (stock 4.10 on 33 BFG KO2 @ 32psi) and my EVIC MPH exactly matches GPS speed. (My speedo needle, however, is totally worthless.)

·
Super Moderator
22,464 Posts
After seeing those instructions in that JScan thread, I measured mine jadmt's way, too (stock 4.10 on 33 BFG KO2 @ 32psi) and my EVIC MPH exactly matches GPS speed. (My speedo needle, however, is totally worthless.)
that is odd. Are you sure it is just the angle you are looking at your speedo at?
My stand alone gps, phone Ulysse speed app, 430N navigation, digital speed and needle all match on mine.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Are the Yukon gears about the best out there for quiet and life. Are they as good as Dana/Spicer. Getting this done one time only.
No gears are as good as Dana/Spicer.
Nothing aftermarket comes close

·
Registered
893 Posts
that is odd. Are you sure it is just the angle you are looking at your speedo at?
My stand alone gps, phone Ulysse speed app, 430N navigation, digital speed and needle all match on mine.
Yeah and the way it's off doesn't make sense, either -- it's off (higher) the slower I go. 70 looks like about 71, but 60 looks like about 63. I only started paying attention to the difference yesterday, and of course, with the impending zombie apocalypse I'm not driving much, so those are the only two specific examples that caught my eye. Mostly I was pleased that EVIC matches GPS. I tend to watch my speed by GPS out of long habit.

I think I'd have to be hanging out the window to make 60 look like 63 :)

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
No gears are as good as Dana/Spicer.
Nothing aftermarket comes close
That's what I am having installed and paying extra for them. But, where are they made? Their suite says they have mfg all over the world.

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
LA traffic is now 80mph. My 315's are barely 34 tall.
It's actually safer to say it is from 0-100. Yep and my mine at this time 33.5. The reason I make the suggestion as something to think about is to give you a little more pep in traffic. I'm able to run 55 mph with the semi's in the right hand lane or mix it up with the fast movers in the left all without changing a gear.

These engines have no problem spinning, they will do 3000 rpms all day long. You have lived here much longer than I have and I have a manual to your auto but it is something to consider.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
That's what I am having installed and paying extra for them. But, where are they made? Their suite says they have mfg all over the world.
They are made in many different places.
It's not where they are made, but how they are made

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Made the appointment and getting it done 4-11 with RWH Haus. Looking forward to meeting the Gearmaster.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Measured tires, to center of axle 33.75” and put the in Jscan

My speedo, waze and a speedometer app all match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
To get the real Diameter. Put a mark on the tire and a mark on the ground. Move Jeep 1 rev of the tire and mark the ground. Measure distance and divide by 3.14. That will give you the true tire diameter. That is the number that the spedo sees. And, you can take that distance and divide 5280 by it, and that will give you the revs per mile.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Update: Just over 200 miles in and it's improving. Acceleration is coming around now.Passing at various speeds is easier now and smoother. Getting better.
But today was also a nice test for the TT in back. It hard hard this morning and the streets were wet. I was on newer asphalt and decided to give it a little more gas from a stop. ZERO wheel slippage and I could feel the TrueTac kicking in. No more fish tailing, especially into a corner.

With his virus thing and no work, it hard to put miles on. But hopefully soon I will hit 500 and then try off road.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts