Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at the videos on installing the auxiliary battery. I don't think the auto parts store is going to do that regardless of what their web site says. Should I be going into this knowing this is a DIY?

·
Super Moderator
12,225 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Bring a fat roll of 5 dollar bills to give them a nice tip if they do!

·
Registered
444 Posts
+1

I was a "parts jockey" back in the day, and I can tell you, you DID NOT want me working on your vehicle.

I would DIY it and move on with life knowing it was done right (I'm better at that stuff now than I was back then).

·
Retired Moderator
104,345 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
I am glad that I only have one battery to deal with...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. I'll make this a DIY.

edit: the auto parts (Advanced Auto) web site actually says "free install on most batteries" so they have an out. This is one I will do myself.

·
The Bad Guy
23,269 Posts
If you hold them to it they will. If you’re familiar with the Chrysler Sebring, you have to remove the wheel and the fender liner to change the battery. I purchased a new battery from Pep Boys and they advertised free installation. when my daughter showed up they wanted to charge for the installation. When I argued the point they did the installation, but weren’t very happy about it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
If you hold them to it they will. If you’re familiar with the Chrysler Sebring, you have to remove the wheel and the fender liner to change the battery. I purchased a new battery from Pep Boys and they advertised free installation. when my daughter showed up they wanted to charge for the installation. When I argued the point they did the installation, but weren’t very happy about it.
From what I saw, one has to remove the fuse box and battery cover below it. Not a job for some $8/per hour store clerk. IMO!

·
Super Moderator
2,850 Posts
I agree, don’t think they will do the aux.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used to work at Oriellys and we dont touch batteries that have fuse boxes above them, We can do battieres in the trunk, under the passenger seat but not ones with fuse boxes above. it will also give us a warning whenever we add the battery to the cart if the the vehicles has one of the weird fuse box setups on the battery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts