Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....on my driveshaft? my front shaft was more bent and twisted than an S&M loving midget who just watched the movie Hostel upon his release from the pen.

the new one is gonna be 2" diameter and i think .125 wall (i could be wrong on that) and is gonna cost $199 :mad: seemed kinda steep but i gave the green light anyway. what do yall think? am i getting ripped? obviously its gonna be way more beef than stocker......

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
for around here that seems resonable... just be sure to look it over a bit before handing over the cash, and make sure you get everything needed.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
You paid an S&M loving midget $ 200 to build you a twisted drive shaft and the midget stole your movie tickets????? :eek: WHAT? :confused:

:D --- $ 199 doesn't sound too bad to me.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'll have to agree $200 is a reasonable price to pay for a complete D-shaft, especially if they're using heavy tubing and the extended length of the front shaft.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Yeah, that's a good price. However I'd be a little cautious of the 2" tubing on the front shaft. I'm thinking there might not be enough room between the skid and the shaft for suspension droop. I wouldn't want to pay for a stronger shaft and then have it bouncing off the skid everytime you hit a bump or flexed out wheeling.

·
Hacks off Parts while Lit
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it today. it looks beef! ill take some pics 1st chance. i think itll clear ok. ill double check tho. good idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts