Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited SportS - Flame Red

Here is my build plan, I am sure some stuff will change over time and based on the feedback I get...

1. Side Steps - For the kids to be able to climb in...
  2. Smittybilt xRC M.O.D. Front Bumper - Center Section
  3. Smittybilt xRC M.O.D. Front Stinger
  4. Winch (make / model TBD)
  5. AEV 2.5" DualSport XT Lift
  6. Tires - Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac (315-70-17) or (285-70-18)
  7. Wheels - (make / model TBD) Suggestions welcome
  8. Tire Carrier - (make / model TBD) Suggestions welcome

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So far, I have the side steps, got very generic ones for cheap, not sure how they would hold up on the trails, but I will replace them with something better when they are ready to be replaced. Got them without too much thinking, but at least did not drop a whole bunch of cash on them either...

image-202373286.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, got my Smittybilt xRCD Mod Bumper center section installed. Now next up, the stinger...plan to work on the tires / wheels when the stock tires don't have any tread left and are ready to be replaced.

image-3904065687.jpg

image-900493809.jpg

That's my little helper standing in the newly mounted bumper !!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also, got my Smittybilt xRCD Mod Bumper center section installed. Now next up, the stinger...plan to work on the tires / wheels when the stock tires don't have any tread left and are ready to be replaced. That's my little helper standing in the newly mounted bumper !!
I just got the same bumper, flying thru Dallas today on my way back home, mine arrived while I was out of town. Can you tell me how the center section install went? Did you have to drill or oversize any holes or does it just bolt straight up? I got the Wings with lights and the bull bar instead of the stinger. Looks good on your red jeep though. I'm doing the same route with my wheels and tires, 2014 2 door Rubi. Its not a daily driver so it may take me a while to wear out the BFG Mud Terrains. Plus I am going to get a second set of Dura trac's for winter in Washington State.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Also, got my Smittybilt xRCD Mod Bumper center section installed. Now next up, the stinger...plan to work on the tires / wheels when the stock tires don't have any tread left and are ready to be replaced.

That's my little helper standing in the newly mounted bumper !!
Looks like you had a PRO giving you a hand today! All jeepers should be so lucky! :)

Nice rig!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got the same bumper, flying thru Dallas today on my way back home, mine arrived while I was out of town. Can you tell me how the center section install went? Did you have to drill or oversize any holes or does it just bolt straight up? I got the Wings with lights and the bull bar instead of the stinger. Looks good on your red jeep though. I'm doing the same route with my wheels and tires, 2014 2 door Rubi. Its not a daily driver so it may take me a while to wear out the BFG Mud Terrains. Plus I am going to get a second set of Dura trac's for winter in Washington State.
The removal of stock bumper was a bit annoying on the very first step. The plastic screws holding the cover plate above the bumper refused to come off and actually the head got damaged before I realized that they were plastic. Once that was off, rear was not as bad. I had to unseat the vacuum pump (that's what it is I think). The install of the xRC was a lot easier. I did not have to drill on the front as all bolts fit perfectly. The bottom skid plate does require the drilling which I have not done. Won't do either.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installed the TeraFlex Leveling kit a while ago, forgot to post. 2" in the front and 1" in the back, the axles are about a quarter inch off the center towards the driver side, but the ride is the same and the stance is awesome.

View attachment 1457305

Also dipped my grille and put some grille inserts that were painted red for the look.

View attachment 1457313

Got my hood decal from pixel decals...

image-1868765783.jpg

image-2815266894.jpg

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Major Surgery...

A while ago...

Smittybilt X2O 9500 Lbs winch
12" LED light bar on top of the winch
KC Hilites 7" LED headlights
Hood Mount 48" Hi Lift jack
Vector Offroad JKE Dock

More recently,

Metalcloak 3.5" Lift Kit with ARB Shocks
Kept one of the two 1" spacers from my Teraflex leveling kit for exactly that purpose - leveling the stance
17" Ballistic Jesters
315x70x17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracks

Initial gain in height is about 6"total, guess it will go down to 5.5" over time after the initial sag on the springs. Ride is amazing, feels very much like stock, handles just the same. Gotta love Metalcloak !

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts