Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Raxiom has released the plug and play Raxiom Navigation System that integrates seamlessly into the Jeep JK dash! PM me for a discount code! Get a great deal on the newest piece of technology from Raxiom!

-Navigation system with iGO Primo 2.0 software
-6.5” Motorized HD LCD touch-screen
-5 language voice options in both male and female voice
-Full color back-up camera included
-Supports blue tooth for hands free calling
-AM/FM/SAT Radio, DVD/CD/MP3 Playback
-Retains factory steering wheel controls
-Full warranty
-Fits 2007-2014 Jeep JK Wranglers

ExtremeTerrain.com

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1 Posts

Raxiom has released the plug and play Raxiom Navigation System that integrates seamlessly into the Jeep JK dash! PM me for a discount code! Get a great deal on the newest piece of technology from Raxiom!

-Full warranty

ExtremeTerrain.com
I am interested in getting this system, but have some questions:

1. I have a 2012 JK that has UConnect and satellite radio already built into it. Would I have to install an additional antenna to get navigation working on the Raxiom system? The reason I am asking this question is that I have read in the OEM 430N forums that when you install that plug-n-play system (430N), the satellite radio antenna also doubles as the navigation antenna, so it is a true 100% plug-n-play system as long as you already have satellite radio.

2. Why do I need 25 posts to get a special discount code? I just bought my first Jeep in March and I am still new to the JK world.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same here I just joined because I just got a 2k14 Jeep Unlimited Sport.
Definitely want to get one of these. I need to get 25 posts first :\

My business will have to wait, not an issue :)

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
1) It appears that this radio has it's own Navigation GPS antenna that will be used. They can usually be mounted inside the dash as long as they're facing upwards and there isn't any metal above it that will block the signal.

2) Looks like it also comes with a separate SAT antenna, but youu should be able to use the factory SAT radio antenna.

3) It will not integrate with your factory Uconnect system but it looks like BT is built into the radio itself.

4) The radio also uses an externally mounted mic.

5) It's supposed to work with the factory steering wheel controls that you may have.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
1) It appears that this radio has it's own Navigation GPS antenna that will be used. They can usually be mounted inside the dash as long as they're facing upwards and there isn't any metal above it that will block the signal.

2) Looks like it also comes with a separate SAT antenna, but youu should be able to use the factory SAT radio antenna.

3) It will not integrate with your factory Uconnect system but it looks like BT is built into the radio itself.

4) The radio also uses an externally mounted mic.

5) It's supposed to work with the factory steering wheel controls that you may have.
Are you sure about #3? From the website: "Retains Factory Functions. Raxiom’s Navigation supports AM/FM/SAT Radio, CD-IPOD audio and Bluetooth hands-free systems, including the "U-Connect" system, all while retaining factory steering wheel controls for ease of comfort."

·
Registered
271 Posts
I believe this unit is the same as the Rosen CS-CR1210-US that I have. It does not have satellite radio built in and does not come with the sat antenna. It does come with the cable needed to connect to the SXV200V1 XM tuner.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
I may be incorrect about that, I was going by the product features where it says "supports BT for.....":
Guess I'll need to look further into this at least out of curiosity.

PRODUCT FEATURES
Navigation system with iGO Primo 2.0 software
6.5” Motorized HD LCD touch-screen
5 language voice options in both male and female voice
Full color back-up camera included
Supports blue tooth for hands free calling
AM/FM/SAT Radio, DVD/CD/MP3 Playback
Retains factory steering wheel controls
Full warranty
Fits 2007-2014 Jeep JK Wranglers

Are you sure about #3? From the website: "Retains Factory Functions. Raxiom’s Navigation supports AM/FM/SAT Radio, CD-IPOD audio and Bluetooth hands-free systems, including the "U-Connect" system, all while retaining factory steering wheel controls for ease of comfort."

·
Registered
13 Posts
raxiom sat connection

Just installed this unit on my 2014 jk unlimited. The satellite cable does not work with the integrated antenna, the connections do not match. Is there another type of adapter which was not sent? Also the u-connect function does not work. Maybe I connected wrong, but there is no instructions included, which sucks. No YouTube videos showed how to connect. I have seen Ryan answer some questions, can mine be answered?

·
Registered
13 Posts
http://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom-gps-navigation-jk-j101300.html?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wranglerforum04282014raxiomnavigation

-Full warranty

ExtremeTerrain.com
The satellite antenna does not connect to 2014 satellite connection. The adapter is incorrect. The antenna connection is similar to the navigation antenna connection. Was the wrong part sent or does Raxiom not have it done correctly. No instructions on installation for radio or backup camera. Made this a little difficult to install. U-connect does not work and I do not know if I connected everything correctly due to the fact there was no instructions. Any recommendations on how to check and or fix?

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you read through this thread, there is a lot of valuable info in here.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/my-rosen-car-show-cs-cr1210-us-navigation-installation-in-2011-jk-2-door-654713-5.html
I'm sure Ryan will get back to you as soon as he sees this post.Or just pm him.
Thanks for posting that thread!

The satellite antenna does not connect to 2014 satellite connection. The adapter is incorrect. The antenna connection is similar to the navigation antenna connection. Was the wrong part sent or does Raxiom not have it done correctly. No instructions on installation for radio or backup camera. Made this a little difficult to install. U-connect does not work and I do not know if I connected everything correctly due to the fact there was no instructions. Any recommendations on how to check and or fix?
You'll need to get a Sirus SXV200 Sirius XM Tuner if you'd like to get XM on this radio. That will plug right into the unit. There should be a wiring diagram on the unit itself and most of the plugs can only go in one spot. Please let me know if you have any questions at all! I'd be happy to help you get the unit installed.

-Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting that thread!

You'll need to get a Sirus SXV200 Sirius XM Tuner if you'd like to get XM on this radio. That will plug right into the unit. There should be a wiring diagram on the unit itself and most of the plugs can only go in one spot. Please let me know if you have any questions at all! I'd be happy to help you get the unit installed.

-Ryan
Ryan, the unit came with an adapter which has the connection for Sirius radio. The antenna provided by Jeep (for stock radio with U-connect and satellite )does not connect. Why would I need another tuner when this unit has one already?

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ryan, the unit came with an adapter which has the connection for Sirius radio. The antenna provided by Jeep (for stock radio with U-connect and satellite )does not connect. Why would I need another tuner when this unit has one already?
The unit does not come with an XM Tuner. It comes ready for you to plug the SXV200 into it though! The factory radio/tuner/antenna for XM does not apply once you've swapped the Raxiom unit in. I hope that clears things up! Let me know what other questions you have.

-Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
The unit does not come with an XM Tuner. It comes ready for you to plug the SXV200 into it though! The factory radio/tuner/antenna for XM does not apply once you've swapped the Raxiom unit in. I hope that clears things up! Let me know what other questions you have.

-Ryan
Well, I guess I read the ad differently. I was able to get almost all to work. The only thing is the phone button on steering wheel, will not activate hands free calling. I also just received the camera mount, but will have to wait until new rims and tires are put on tomorrow.
Mike

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I guess I read the ad differently. I was able to get almost all to work. The only thing is the phone button on steering wheel, will not activate hands free calling. I also just received the camera mount, but will have to wait until new rims and tires are put on tomorrow.
Mike
Mike,

I'm glad you got it set up and working. Are you using an Iphone? I understand the voice control button should work seamlessly with Iphone but there are some issues with it working one a Samsung phone. Let me know and I can contact Raxiom on your behalf if you'd like!

-Ryan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mike,

I'm glad you got it set up and working. Are you using an Iphone? I understand the voice control button should work seamlessly with Iphone but there are some issues with it working one a Samsung phone. Let me know and I can contact Raxiom on your behalf if you'd like!

-Ryan
I am using a Samsung note 4. I push the phone button on steering wheel and nothing happens. Does not go to phone screen.
Mike

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am using a Samsung note 4. I push the phone button on steering wheel and nothing happens. Does not go to phone screen.
Mike
Mike,

I'll see what I can find out from Raxiom on a solution to your problem and shoot you a PM!

-Ryan

1 - 20 of 23 Posts