Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing websites looking for a new set of rims and these supposedly will fit. Is anyone running them right now...if so got pics? I am considering 16's on a 06 jeep x

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Added a Picture for ya:

Nice looking rims, I think I'd go with a 15 if they come in the correct bolt pattern and adequate backspacing though.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Those are tough looking Rims!! I think I like them more than any other rims I have looked at!!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I would highly recommend staying with 15" rims. You will have a better selection of tires, and they will be cheaper.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have considered that myself. the rims at 16's will cost about 180.00 a pop. I know finding tires for 15's would be alot easier. thinking about bfg all terrian.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
BFG All terrains are a great tire. The bolt pattern for TJ's is 5x4.5

Rims are a universal thing, they usually make them in all kinds of bolt patterns and backspacing. So find one that you like, like those, and just order them in the right size. Those are pretty cool, btw. But keep in mind, if you go offroad, you are going to ding up your rims. So the cheaper they are, the easier they are to replace. Personally I like to keep the rim prices at 100 bucks or less. I find that 100 bucks gives you a nice selection and balance between cost and style. IMO. Do yourself a favor and stick with 15's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might stick to 15's but I dig those rims and they start at 16's and above. I don't think I will be going off road alot. I live in the city and my jeep is mostly for looks because she is also my daily driver.(here's were the flaming begins..lol)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
here's were the flaming begins..lol)
That is hopefully, were you are wrong. We take great pride in the fact that everyone is different, and every one owns a Jeep for their own reason. Flaming is only for the small minded, and is not accepted here. You own a Jeep, and what ever you like doing with it, is your business. Enjoy it in good health, and never feel that you are in any way, less than some one, that enjoys using it in other ways. I appreciate the diverseness, and broad mindedness of the people on this site, and each one of us, is different, in some way. That is life, and to be flamed for being different, is so childish. Being a hard core rocker, or mudder, or just enjoying life, from the inside of a Jeep, is all good, on this forum.

I messed up, it isn't even Sunday yet.......sorry about that......:D

·
Registered
4,288 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is hopefully, were you are wrong. We take great pride in the fact that everyone is different, and every one owns a Jeep for their own reason. Flaming is only for the small minded, and is not accepted here. You own a Jeep, and what ever you like doing with it, is your business. Enjoy it in good health, and never feel that you are in any way, less than some one, that enjoys using it in other ways. I appreciate the diverseness, and broad mindedness of the people on this site, and each one of us, is different, in some way. That is life, and to be flamed for being different, is so childish. Being a hard core rocker, or mudder, or just enjoying life, from the inside of a Jeep, is all good, on this forum.

I messed up, it isn't even Sunday yet.......sorry about that......:D

I SOOO love you for that!!!! I will take her out in mud from time to time when I am in Eastern Ky but for the most part...she will just turn heads. Thanks for the nice post.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I might stick to 15's but I dig those rims and they start at 16's and above. I don't think I will be going off road alot. I live in the city and my jeep is mostly for looks because she is also my daily driver.(here's were the flaming begins..lol)
Well then I would go with whatever makes you the happiest. If you don't mind the extra cost for the 16" tires then go for it! Those rims are pretty nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts