Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called both companies they list the same weight at 20lbs, only offer them in the same sizes and they look nearly identical minus the center cap. They are also both made overseas ( probably china) so has anyone actually seen these in person? I have a hunch they are probably made in the same place just put into different boxes etc.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
Called both companies they list the same weight at 20lbs, only offer them in the same sizes and they look nearly identical minus the center cap. They are also both made overseas ( probably china) so has anyone actually seen these in person? I have a hunch they are probably made in the same place just put into different boxes etc.
That's probably the case...it wouldn't surprise me any.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just at my buddies shop that carries ION branded wheels...they look identical to the other two. Pretty certain they are all the same now.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was thinking that one of the brands (maybe M/T) has slightly larger holes or they are cut at a different angle. But I agree most appear to be exactly the same.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have the baja and just looked at the pro comp online. The pro comp holes are a lot bigger.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,431 Posts
I was thinking that one of the brands (maybe M/T) has slightly larger holes or they are cut at a different angle. But I agree most appear to be exactly the same.
M/T and Quadratrac Baja Extreme wheels are, I believe, the same. The center cap bolts on the same way, and the holes in the wheels look the same.

·
Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
273 Posts
Would not surprise me - even the bigger companies use the same manufacturing plants overseas and will either use a "blank" where small things like hole size etc can be changed, or just run with the model the way it is. I used to work for a company that did manufacturing overseas - most of the time our design guys didn't even actually design anything but just specified colors etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts