Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 wrangler and im trying to switch over my amp and speakers from my old vehicle. it has an after market stereo and the "radio" spot in the fuse box is empty, although the radio still works. i was under the impression that all fuse's had two "prongs" but the spot in my fuse box only accepts a single prong..
My question being, is there a specific fuse i need to buy to put in there so that i can put my remote wire into the "radio" fuse spot, and will it be able to send the signal to my amp and correspond with my after-market radio?

·
Registered
13 Posts
based on what I know about stereos and electronics (worked on electronics in the navy). the reason you only have one prong in your fuse box is cause the option was not installed!! if you do not have 2 prongs there is nothing for the power to go to on the other side of the fuse (making it as useless as not being there) I would suggest pulling out the stereo from the dash and seeing where it's wired too!! my bet is the cigarette lighter if there is one!! or directly wired which would mean they your radio works when the jeep is off!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ izulookin,

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one because now that i think about it i tried to hook the cigerette lighter back up at one point and the power cord was missing..
Do you know anything about putting subwoofers in? If so do you know where i would hook the remote wire to? Since i was going to put it in the fuse box before does that mean it needs the power it would now be getting from the cigerette lighters power cord and i should tie it in with that?

·
Registered
13 Posts
if you are putting in an amp your remote on wire should alway go to an accessory or switched power so the amp shuts off when you turn the car off. most radios have a power antenna wire or an actual remote on wire. it's better to use it of the radio so the amp is off when the radio is off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts