Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pregnant wife was complaining that she couldn't get in after I lifted the Jeep. Initially I was like, "C'mon, grow a sac and pull yourself up by the new Rugged Ridge hand straps!!". That was popular for about 1/2 a second, and I had to find an alternative.

Well, the bulk of what is out there in Quadratec land that was in the form of a fixed step was still not low enough, or something that she liked as well (the stirrup thing was a big no go), so I ran across the Amp Research Power Step.

At first, the price tag is completely ridiculous. Secondly, I didn't want my new Jeep suddenly looking like an advertisement for the elderly shuttle service at the local retirement home. However, after a few You Tube videos, and testimonials, I decided to pull the trigger.

Install took about 4 hours, as there is a large bag full of wiring that goes along with them, but I have to say, afterwards, they work incredibly well, are low enough when extended for my wife, and they kind of look like rock rails when retracted. Not to mention, you get the scifi reaction from on lookers when you get in and out of the Jeep, especially at night when the LED's are illuminated. I almost broke out into the robot the other night with the retraction. Just kidding on that one.

Haven't had it off road after the install yet to see if they bang around, but for what we do, clearance is good as there is not much difference the way that they retract, and they have a 5 year/60K mile warranty. Not bad at all! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very stealthy! After looking at my own picture, the chrome stuff has got to go!

·
Registered
25 Posts
they might not hold up very good as a rock rail but as a moron door stopper they are great i have had some on my 2006 LJ for a few years they make old bones easier to climb in the jeep
drawback after a couple years i have had some issues with not wanting to work properly had to get replacement motors granted mine are first gen set up no LEDs

positive point 4 bolts each side they come off in 5 min ready to rock crawl still need some sliders for that

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had these in my 11 F250. They are great. My 4 yo son could climb into my Super Duty (4.5" Carli King Shock lift) by himself. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have them on our 2006 Duramax because it is lifted 6" with 36" tires and the wife can't seem to get in/out without them. If she asks I will deny this but I kind of like them myself on the truck. She wants them on the Jeep but I cannot bring myself to put them on it. I keep telling her we will destroy them when wheeling so that humors her temporarily.

Mike.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
My brother has these on his Chevy with a 7.5" lift and 35s. But How are these things supposed to lower and raise if you have the doors off? Do they hook it up to the unlock button on the key remote to lower and the ignition switch to raise when turned on?

·
Registered
132 Posts
My brother has these on his Chevy with a 7.5" lift and 35s. But How are these things supposed to lower and raise if you have the doors off? Do they hook it up to the unlock button on the key remote to lower and the ignition switch to raise when turned on?
You beat me to it!

What if the doors are off?

Looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts