Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I found the amplifier i want to use in my jeep, but I'm not 100% sure that it will work under the front passenger seat. its dimensions are 9"W x 2.4" H x 18.6" L

amplifier

If I mount it sideways, it looks like it will JUST fit in the space under the seat. I would probably need to make a shield to cover the end near the door from damage.

I'm looking to power two 10" subs on the tailgate and eventually the dash and soundbar speakers with it.

I'm also not sure on component or coaxial in the dash and soundbar.

Can I wire the tweeters with the channel 1 and 2 speakers?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
i found the amplifier i want to use in my jeep, but im not 100% sure that it will work under the front passenger seat. its dimensions are 9"W x 2.4" H x 18.6" L

amplifier

if i mount it sideways, it looks like it will JUST fit in the space under the seat. i would probably need to make a shield to cover the end near the door from damage.

im looking to power two 10" subs on the tailgate and eventually the dash and soundbar speakers with it.

im also not sure on component or coaxial in the dash and soundbar.

can i wire the tweeters with the channel 1 and 2 speakers?
They're telling a little white lie on the power rating of that amp. They're saying 2000watts RMS which would work out to roughly 2800 watts peak (not 4000), and at 13.8 volts the amp draw would be 202 amps.

Meanwhile the amp calls for a total of three 40 amp fuses on input which is 120 amps. That being the case, that absolute TOP output would be 120 amps x (about) 14 volts = 1600 watts (output watts can't be higher than input watts without a magic wand). But that's at 100% efficiency which no amp is and there is always some extra room with the fuses.

My guess is that amp is pushing 1200 or so peak which is about 850 RMS

·
Registered
44 Posts
All cheap amps lie about their specs. Never heard of Rockville, but sounds like their a chinese knockoff of Rockford. Hopefully I'm wrong for OPs sake

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have not bought the amp yet, i just thought the specs on it looked good, so i wanted to use it. would i be better off running a mono for the subs and then a 4 channel for the main speakers?

i need to press in some longer studs for my battery terminals either way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i have not bought the amp yet, i just thought the specs on it looked good, so i wanted to use it. would i be better off running a mono for the subs and then a 4 channel for the main speakers?

i need to press in some longer studs for my battery terminals either way.
I would keep looking for a different amplifier. Their are several 5 channel amps out that will do just fine and are smaller. The JL audio I have is 900/5 and is allot smaller and is a true 900w amp .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would keep looking for a different amplifier. Their are several 5 channel amps out that will do just fine and are smaller. The JL audio I have is 900/5 and is allot smaller and is a true 900w amp .

Yes, but at the same time, the amp you have is $500+! That's a bit more than I want to spend on just an amp.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I put this under the driver seat .

Looks sweet, how much clearance between the amp and floor? My Jeep has been known to collect water in the tub during rainstorms, once had it dumping over the doorsills while braking.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks sweet, how much clearance between the amp and floor? My Jeep has been known to collect water in the tub during rainstorms, once had it dumping over the doorsills while braking.
That was my concern also , with it mounted up like this I have about 5 inches to the floor.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, but at the same time, the amp you have is $500+! That's a bit more than I want to spend on just an amp.
You can get a better amp than the one you are looking at for a few dollars more , I guarantee you will be sadly disappointed in that one you are looking at , you should try looking on Ebay, Alpine makes a really nice 5 channel , I have seen them for 250 300 bucks .
Save your money do it once .
Yes I have a lot more invested but I was smart and shopped arond till I had all the pieces I wanted .Its not all brand new parts .I got alot of my system at half price because of waiting and shopping around .

·
Registered
272 Posts
You could always put it in the hide away in the back. If I were to get a 4 channel amp and later decided I wanted a subwoofer, it shouldn't be a problem to just add a subwoofer amp would it?

·
Registered
268 Posts
You could always put it in the hide away in the back. If I were to get a 4 channel amp and later decided I wanted a subwoofer, it shouldn't be a problem to just add a subwoofer amp would it?
Yes you can do that also . I use mine for storage and I am cutting it out for a new one so I didn't want it back their. Justremember amps get HOT and need some ventilation.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Does anyone make an amp that is plug and play to replace the stock ones? I have an infinity and its OEM small and behind the driverside speaker under the dash.

·
Registered
660 Posts
if you have one of the JL Audio Stealth Bass boxes that places over the wheel well, A small profile amp fits nicely behind it. I have a JL Audio 900 HD behind my passenger side stealth. Fits nicely out of the way and easy to get to the amp adjustments

·
Registered
268 Posts
if you have one of the JL Audio Stealth Bass boxes that places over the wheel well, A small profile amp fits nicely behind it. I have a JL Audio 900 HD behind my left stealth. Fits nicely out of the way and easy to get to the amp adjustments
You have one of thies ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts