Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some quick opinions, I’m going to be installing an amplifier in my 2door jk and wanted to know of any good places. I want to mount it on the wall in between the front passenger seat belt and rear wheel well. My floor gets wet a lot so I want to avoid any possible mishaps. I’m open to any and all suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
What size amp are you installing? My sub amp is behind the glove box and my other 4 channel is on the drvier's side behind the front speaker in the dash. This is the factory location for the Alpine amp on my on my 2014 JKU. I removed the factory amp and replaced it. (Rockford Fosgate PBR400X4D and PBR500X1)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I fabed an aluminum plate bent into an upside down U-shape to mount my amp underneath the passenger seat and the plate allows it to seat up in the seat cushion area away form the floor. the plate attaches to the seat between the frame and slide rails. This is on a JKU. I also have Bestop Lock boxes underneath both front seats and the amp sits 1in above the box.

Reactions: sti40

·
Registered
120 Posts
I fabed an aluminum plate bent into an upside down U-shape to mount my amp underneath the passenger seat and the plate allows it to seat up in the seat cushion area away form the floor. the plate attaches to the seat between the frame and slide rails. This is on a JKU. I also have Bestop Lock boxes underneath both front seats and the amp sits 1in above the box.

Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do you have pictures of this? I have the boxes under my seats as well and have been trying figure out a solution. This sounds amazing.

I will get some pics later today. I did not do a very good job of pics during assembly as I wanted to get it installed ASAP lol

·
Registered
261 Posts

Here are some pics, if you look carefully you will see the bracket bent around the amp which is a kenwood 900w 4channel amp. I did raise the pass seat up 7/8in with aluminum spacers that I made myself. It works out because my wife is also vertically challenged...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts

What amp are you looking to install? How big? Personally I drive topless and door-less all summer time and do water crossings as well. That is the reason I do not install electronics low in my Jeeps. If you have not purchased an amp yet there are many that will fit up in the dash. If you do not remove your hard top or will not do water crossings then your chance of soaking your radio gear is pretty small. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
What amp are you looking to install? How big? Personally I drive topless and door-less all summer time and do water crossings as well. That is the reason I do not install electronics low in my Jeeps. If you have not purchased an amp yet there are many that will fit up in the dash. If you do not remove your hard top or will not do water crossings then your chance of soaking your radio gear is pretty small. :)

I’m not sure yet. I’ve been looking at Rockford PBR400x4D. It would probably fit in the dash if I can find a spot. Unfortunately, mine doesn’t have a factory amp or I would use that bracket. I think it out fit in that spot.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I’m not sure yet. I’ve been looking at Rockford PBR400x4D. It would probably fit in the dash if I can find a spot. Unfortunately, mine doesn’t have a factory amp or I would use that bracket. I think it out fit in that spot.

Yes. My PBR400x4D fit there perfectly. I have a my PBR500x1 behind the glove box powering my subs. The PBR500x1 is about an 1.5" longer than the PBR400x4D. You should be able to mount there just to the drives side of the cabin air filters. The PBR400x4D is an awesome little amp. I love have how Rockford puts the true power on the sheet they send the amps. Mine was 132 watts front L/R and 127 watts rear L/R. :)

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I mounted my amplifiers on the backside of my Tuffy security enclosure all safe and sound. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-446-jeep-jk-security-tailgate-enclosure-2011-2018.aspx
I considered that when doing mine. So your amps are on the seat side? Any pics? I ended up with two physically small amps so I was able to fit in the dash. How did you run your power lines? What amps are you running? Did you pull new speaker wires to the speakers? I love see how others setup there stuff.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes. My PBR400x4D fit there perfectly. I have a my PBR500x1 behind the glove box powering my subs. The PBR500x1 is about an 1.5" longer than the PBR400x4D. You should be able to mount there just to the drives side of the cabin air filters. The PBR400x4D is an awesome little amp. I love have how Rockford puts the true power on the sheet they send the amps. Mine was 132 watts front L/R and 127 watts rear L/R. :)

I’ll be picking one up as soon as Crutchfield has them back in stock and go with a Rockford P300-12 for the sub. I like the powered sub option for easy removal when I need the cargo space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
846 Posts
I’m about to do the same thing (don’t mean to resurrect a somewhat recent old thread) but wanted to know how good of ventilation the amp is getting back there
Everything is fine. The amps have been back there for over 7 years now. 5 of which were in Texas heat and humidity.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put MY JL aAudio 6 channel amp in the cargo area secret compartment. Seems good so far, it's been 6 months and haven't had any problems. It's nice that it's a bit above the passenger flooring area, cause I keep flooding it from forgetting to put back on my water tank cap lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts