Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I made a box for a jl 10 inch in the back and I bought a kicker dx300.2 amp for it. Any suggestions where I should mount it? I also have space in the trunk because the box only takes up 1/2 of it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Back seat. Under the fronts is too close to where water can get to it. The back seat sits up higher.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Mine are under the rear seat on the upper part of the tub.

I thought they were safe there but a deepazzed mud hole last year told me differently. Lol

I till have them there but am fabbing up a solution for better protection. When I get it done I'll post it up here.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I am not dumb enough to venture into slop like that......

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Alright so I made a box for a jl 10 inch in the back and I bought a kicker dx300.2 amp for it. Any suggestions where I should mount it? I also have space in the trunk because the box only takes up 1/2 of it.
Waiting to see the finished product :)

Under the backseat works well enough, but take Paul's pics for an example of possibilities.

If you can spare the space under that brilliant trunk/enclosure, you could either mount it to the back vertical wall or to the underside of the top piece.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hm I can't see that mounting an amp upside down is safe for it haha. Where is the safest place to put it? its not a super small amp so I don't know if it'll fit near the steering collumn.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had my first one under the driver's seat. Fried it in a stream crossing. My new one is in the trunk lifted up on 1 inch spacers. It will by me a few more seconds to throttle out of the water before the amp is toast. It also keeps it out of any rain that sneaks in when I get caught with the top off.

and there are always marine amps that will buy you a little more time.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Hm I can't see that mounting an amp upside down is safe for it haha. Where is the safest place to put it? its not a super small amp so I don't know if it'll fit near the steering collumn.
Depends on the amp. My 4 channel amp mounted upside down under the steering column has a built in fan and inverted heatsink that allows it to be mounted upside down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts