Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/17 I'm shopping passengers mirrors since mine just broke off. I find on partsgeek.com a passenger mirror for $24. I was at work and didn't get the order placed.

6/18 I go back to the site. Now the mirror is $45. Wtf? Driver's side mirror still at $24

6/19 same price.

6/20 same price.

6/21 back to $24. Sweet get that ordered. Thought, might as well update driver's side for that price. Thinking my ignition coil maybe faulty and I'm already set up to do plugs and wires I order that too. My radiator cap has some corrosion on it so I order a new one of those.

Saved on shipping by ordering together. Got insurance on the order, saved onthat too.

Everything at time of order showed in stock. The site shows how many.

Get an email today saying the passenger mirror isn't in stock and they cancelled the mirror and refunded me the price. Also says the other items are being processed and processed items can't be cancelled. That's the only piece I needed.

Most places will ship what they have and when other items come into stock they then send those.

Emailed their customer service w my complaint. Had I known I would have cancelled the whole order.

They email me back, sorry, we can't control inventory, it happens, here's free shipping on your next order over $100.

I'm sorry but that's garbage. I need to order a passenger mirror that's way less than that.

I also found out many of their parts are not "new" but used.

Not too impressed, not shopping there anymore.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Cant comment on them either, but I can vouch for Rockauto. I have received quite a few things from them that were reasonably priced. Or even Amazon.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Never heard of them. Stick with Quadratec, Northridge 4x4, or Extreme Terrain.

Sometimes trying to save a buck winds up costing you.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Are you sure the $45 isn't for the power heated mirror, and the $24 is for a manual mirror?

Rockauto has manual non-heated for $26.79 and power/heated for $44.79.

Shipping from Rockauto is sometimes a little pricey. I'd bet they'd charge about $10 or so for shipping.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've bought stuff from them for many years now (most of it for my Audi). Prices are usually good. They're not my go-to place to order from, but for the most part, it's been a good experience. Most of the time it's a non-event but 2 issues come to mind. They sent me a defective part once. Sent an email. They sent a replacement and never asked for the defective part back. That was for the Audi. Another time, I had to order a sensor for the Jeep and needed it right away so paid for overnight shipping. Turns out the part wasn't immediately available. No email from them so I had to open a support ticket. Part was sent out via ground. They issued me a refund on overnight shipping.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I always had issues work parts geek. I usually use rock auto for stock parts mainly because they have economy class parts and on old beaters that I usually have I'm not about to dump money into good parts that will Outlast the vehicle, I like my 30$ wheel hubs on an old Highlander thanks..
My Jeep tho,,, not using economy parts on her, or stock for that matter. If I have to replace something it's going aftermarket, then it's quadratec,

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have to come back and give parts geek some credit.

They refunded me about 20% or more of my shipping and a little off insurance.

Only after I posted this thread! They gave me their answer as I posted in my origanal post. I did not email them again. I just came here and put up this thread.

The next day I got an email w the discount, weird huh?

I work for a large retail company and I have been told if I mention the company's name on line they will see it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts