Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. 01 jeep 4 inch of lift, sye, rear cam bolts and a loud pop when trying to move from rest. Read somewhere that is i have a cv driveshaft i need a angled trackbar bracket. I ordered one from jks. Installed today and to me the tracbar looks even more on an angle. We had a really really hard time putting it together. Also replaced the bushings. Is there a possibility that i can break the frame bracket, because it took alot of force to put in. Also the loud pop is still there. All bushings in the rear are okay and everything looks fine. Could it be axle shafts? Brakes?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
tj-q8 said:
hi everyone. 01 jeep 4 inch of lift, sye, rear cam bolts and a loud pop when trying to move from rest. Read somewhere that is i have a cv driveshaft i need a angled trackbar bracket. I ordered one from jks. Installed today and to me the tracbar looks even more on an angle. We had a really really hard time putting it together. Also replaced the bushings. Is there a possibility that i can break the frame bracket, because it took alot of force to put in. Also the loud pop is still there. All bushings in the rear are okay and everything looks fine. Could it be axle shafts? Brakes?

Tire Bumper Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel

Bicycle motocross Bumper Auto part Bmx bike Vehicle

Auto part Plumbing Fuel line Valve Pipe

Auto part Fuel line Valve

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
you need an adjustable rear track bar with a Johnny Joint on the axle end. Then the frame end always remains neutral, and the adjust-ability allows you to set the JJ at a neutral position on the axle end. The JJ then handles all the misalignment that occurs as the axle brackets rotates throughout the suspension cycle.

i'd recommend the Currie rear track bar, since it supposedly has a new bend to clear the gas tank mount. it requires their specific rear axle bracket.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
you need an adjustable rear track bar with a Johnny Joint on the axle end. Then the frame end always remains neutral, and the adjust-ability allows you to set the JJ at a neutral position on the axle end. The JJ then handles all the misalignment that occurs as the axle brackets rotates throughout the suspension cycle.

i'd recommend the Currie rear track bar, since it supposedly has a new bend to clear the gas tank mount. it requires their specific rear axle bracket.
But does that mean i cant use this setup right now? I dont have an open budget, soo i will have to stay with the current one for some time. Do you think i will get away with it? Or i might break something? I read in many many places that all i needed was the angled bracket thts why i didnt even think about purchasing the rear trackbar.

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
But does that mean i cant use this setup right now? I dont have an open budget, soo i will have to stay with the current one for some time. Do you think i will get away with it? Or i might break something? I read in many many places that all i needed was the angled bracket thts why i didnt even think about purchasing the rear trackbar.
yes to all of the above.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
yes to all of the above.
Soo i will break stuff and iam not to drive it that way? Iam confused now sorry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have the same JKS bracket with a SYE and it fit perfectly. Are you sure your pinion angle is right and do you have adjustable upper control arms?

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Soo i will break stuff and iam not to drive it that way? Iam confused now sorry.
yes, it will cause problems. the bushings don't like to be stressed like that continuously...and they will wear out quickly

yes, you can use it like that. it just won't last long.

yes, the bracket increases the stress on the stock mount and can cause it to rip off the axle.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
01tj-Bob said:
I have the same JKS bracket with a SYE and it fit perfectly. Are you sure your pinion angle is right and do you have adjustable upper control arms?
No just cam bolts.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
yes, it will cause problems. the bushings don't like to be stressed like that continuously...and they will wear out quickly

yes, the bracket increases the stress on the stock mount and can cause it to rip off the axle.
Thank you, soo i did something that actually made it worst. Hehe

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...t_s=101&t_pt=4164&t_pl=101389&t_pn=CURCE-9123

Will this work? Is this the bracket you sre talking about? Then i read from google on one of your posts that you said i would need 2 inch bumpstops? I just bought rubicon express 1.5 inch entended bumpstops, will that work?

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Will this work? Is this the bracket you sre talking about?
get it from here. don't just "Add to Cart", call Gerald and make sure you're getting the right thing.
Currie Johnny Joints Suspension TJ LJ

Then i read from google on one of your posts that you said i would need 2 inch bumpstops?
did you read the post carefully? was that post referring to the front, or the rear?

I just bought rubicon express 1.5 inch entended bumpstops, will that work?
I have no idea...too many factors to guess. You need to remove the rear springs, install the parts (and shocks), then push the axle to full bump and find out, on your Jeep.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
get it from here. don't just "Add to Cart", call Gerald and make sure you're getting the right thing.
Currie Johnny Joints Suspension TJ LJ

did you read the post carefully? was that post referring to the front, or the rear?

I think you were refering to the rear.

I have no idea...too many factors to guess. You need to remove the rear springs, install the parts (and shocks), then push the axle to full bump and find out, on your Jeep.
Soo if i do this test and the axle doesnt hit anywhere will i have trouble with the currie down the road?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
no. just make sure you weld the bracket on with reinforcement to the axle tube. if you rely entirely on the stock bracket by just bolting a bigger lever to it, the whole assembly can and will rip off.

read this for more info.....
Since i dont have the tracbar yet, when i do the test when what should i look for? I mean since i cant see if the tracbar binds with the bracket.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
the track bar has a johnny joint on it, so the track bar won't bind in the bracket. that's the whole point of the johnny joint.
Soo the only thing i should look for is how much bumpstop length i need soo nothig hits?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UnlimitedLJ04 said:
shock length, bracket vs gas tank, pinion angle, bracket vs body, tire vs steel fender, brake line routing and length, bracket vs fuel line, etc....
Ohhhh, i will have to check tomorrow everything then. Thank you for your help, big help.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Auto part Automotive wheel system Wheel Vehicle brake

I took angled bracket and put the old one. Tried out lifting each side of axle without springs and the stock bumpstop stops the axle without the tires, shocks dont botyom out and no binding in any bracket. Unforunetly with tire it hits the fender very early so i had to put alot of bumpstop. I have now only 3 inches between bumpstops but stleast i wont break my fenders.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts