Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a sqeaking noise coming from underneath the driver seat on Wednesday.Come Thursday It sounded as if Two seagulls where fighting under my tj.The more gas I gave it the louder the birds got (kinda embarassing).I search this site but no luck so I Googled "My jeep is squeaking" And I came across the webpage below.

http://www.stu-offroad.com/axle/driveshaft/driveshaft-5.htm

It was very informative and it was my cv assembly.Mind you the universals in my tj were original.So after the tenth or so cuss word trying to get the universals out. I decided to take the shaft to a local driveshaft shop and let him have a go.I paid $170.00 to have the front shaft rebuilt and balanced.And $80 for the rear.I just took the tj for a spin and no more Seagulls.I hope this page will help someone as it did me.

Rudy

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Stu has a lot of good info on his site.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
i had this on my old 2000 tj for 6 years - every winter when it was cold outside. when the jeep was warm it disappeared. so i didn´t do anything and nothing got damaged or so.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get a sqeaking noise from the rear of the jeep when I go over bumps in the road. At first I thought it was my tailgate but that seems ok. It sounds like its coming from the shocks. It happens in the warm weather too. I dont know, any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts