Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I think this forum has already solved one problem of mine and I truly believe you guys know just about everything there is to know about the wrangler so here's a problem that's plagued me since the day I got my jeep, while I drive every once in a while (every fifteen to thirty seconds or every couple minutes) there's is a rattle type noise coming from the underneathe of the jeep. It doesn't effect driving the jeep just a annoying noise that I would like to be gone however i know that I'm driving a yj and expect noises from it lol at least now the tires blur it out once I get going fast enough. But it is like a tick tisk tisk sound every nice in a while and first I thought exhaust but went to where my exhaust was done and the guy checked it and said that the noise had to be involved with something being rotated since its a consistent noise and since then we have dropped the crossmember below the tranny and have found bolts laying n the crossmember that don't seem t go anywhere lol and have done lots of things but never seem to get rid of the sound so I'm just wondering g if maybe someone else has any idea about what this may be

·
Registered
680 Posts
without actually hearing it makes it tough to guess. I might start with breaks. front and rear and inspecting bearings as well. If it was just a rattle I'd start with the cat/heat shield.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
without actually hearing it makes it tough to guess. I might start with breaks. front and rear and inspecting bearings as well. If it was just a rattle I'd start with the cat/heat shield.
That's what we originally thought was the heat shield but this guy at the exhaust shop where my exhaust was done swore it wasn't them so idk eventually il be dropping new motor tranny exhaust etc so if it is exhaust eventually it will be solved but I can live with it till then and if its the brakes I need to check on those sooner or later anyways so maybe that would be it too. Thanks for the help at least I wasn't super far off from what me and my dad first thought

·
Registered
322 Posts
its not that bad if you have air and right tools? some bolts will b rusted so spray the heck out of them the night b4 u do it. go to forums how tos or get a hanyes book

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its not that bad if you have air and right tools? some bolts will b rusted so spray the heck out of them the night b4 u do it. go to forums how tos or get a hanyes book
I got the book :thumb: anks for the help guys il look into it again as the weather gets better because it gets worse with the doors and top off and yeah I'm used to having to spray bolts and stuff lol may need to pick up some tools however idk il give it a look tho thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Tips from the Beas

U-joints (Universal joints). Located on the ends of the driveshafts. Pretty simple if you know what to do.:popcorn:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts