Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and read other threads and I believe I know the answer to my question but I want to be sure.

Question:
I have 35x12.5x17 KO2's that I'm thinking of replacing with the same tires in 37". They are the same width, 12.5, and Only weigh 4.8lbs more per tire.

I already have the following mods which I believe means I Can Run 37's.

-Teraflex 3" Coil Lift w, Fox 2.0's, TF Track Bar and TF Front Lower Control Arms
-Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer w/ Flip Kit
-4.56 G2 Gears (auto tranny)
-Superchips Pro Cal
-Synergy C Gussets
-Synergy HD Ball Joints
-Trimmed Fenders (clearance)
-Poison Spyder Bumpers (clearance)
-And it's a 15 Rubicon JKU w/ Dana 44's

What do you guys think? Should be Ok with bumping up from 35" KO2's to 37" KO2's? I know most people with 37's have more than 3" lift but I think I have the space and BFG 37's run pretty small.

90% of this Jeeps life is offroad and miles driving to offroad spots. Not a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
All stock parts inside the axles? Any upgrades to axles besides c=gussets? Stock driveshafts? Stock brakes?Trussed, sleeves? I would conside RCV axles or chrome moly at least. I am sure there is other things I may have omitted. I guess everything breaks eventually then I guess you can upgrade as needed. Consider dynatrac axles.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I would definitely upgrade the front axle some. The stock D44 isn't all that much stronger than the D30 as far as wall thickness. I would sleeve and truss it if not replacing it altogether. It's cheap insurance for what it does. Driveshafts will fail eventually but if you don't wheel it hard, just keep an eye on them and plan on replacing those. The chromoly shafts are also an option you could explore. The materials that they're made out of are far more superior and have more splines which increases strength. I think around 10% stronger per spline over stock 27. U Joints are another piece you'll want to upgrade too. Again, they won't fail immediately but a year down the road they'll need some attention.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just went through the exact same thing and upgraded from 35s to 37 KO2s, and I think you'll be just fine. You can read about my experience and train of thought starting in post 49 here. There's a LOT of thought/ideas in the responses: The Big O JKUR build thread - Page 5 - Expedition Portal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts