Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1988 YJ with a 4.2 and 5 speed. 93k miles for 3000, relatively low rust. 2.5 inch lift and some 235/70/15s. My vision for this YJ is a 4.5 inch lift. 8.8 rear swap. 33s or 35s. some nice rock rails. And a nice fresh yellow paint job with a big Marine Corps EGA on the hood. My dad has been into jeeps for a little while and just bought a new 2016 Hard rock. We've been working on Jeeps at our shop since i can remember. Over the time I've collected some items. so first thing to go was those tires, on go 33x12.5x15s on so rims i had laying around from someone that upgraded and didnt want the old ones. this was really to see if i could fit the 33s under it while i waited on a lift kit. well they fit very well, but they were a little more wore out than i thought. Anyway, heres a picture after the tires, big difference already. After the first ride home i found some things that need to be addressed right away. 1. all my gauges go dead when i turn on the headlights, the center console hits the shifter when in 2nd 4th or rev, not a big deal but really annoying, and my headlights are aimed for the stars. more to follow

Attachments

·
Supporting Member
2,831 Posts
Looks like a good platform to start and plan to build . Planning all of your modifications will save you a bit of coin in the long run. My YJ is right where your build intention is. (4.5" on 35' with 8.8 )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts