·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm here to tell ya, unless you are crawling and "need" to have the exhaust up don't do it and sdave or spend that money on something else that will make more impact.

Reason..I have the MagnaFlow off road exhaust that looks just like this. I HAD to have it and it's the worst money by far I've spen on my Wrangler!
My friend said "Your beautiful Jeep, I don't know if it's you or the Mailman coming down the road. It sounds just like the Mail truck!"
She's right.
Going down the road this thing sounds like crap and it sounds even worse inside the vehicle. I dont have my original exhaust for if I did that would go back on instantly and I's shitcan the Magna Flow.

Moral of the story.. Keep it stock, it's in no way worth the money unless you HAVE to get it up and out of the way.
Period.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm here to tell ya, unless you are crawling and "need" to have the exhaust up don't do it and sdave or spend that money on something else that will make more impact.

Reason..I have the MagnaFlow off road exhaust that looks just like this. I HAD to have it and it's the worst money by far I've spen on my Wrangler!
My friend said "Your beautiful Jeep, I don't know if it's you or the Mailman coming down the road. It sounds just like the Mail truck!"
She's right.
Going down the road this thing sounds like crap and it sounds even worse inside the vehicle. I dont have my original exhaust for if I did that would go back on instantly and I's shitcan the Magna Flow.

Moral of the story.. Keep it stock, it's in no way worth the money unless you HAVE to get it up and out of the way.
Period.
Thanks for the input. I heard MagnaFlow was a bad choice. I removed the stock muffler a few months ago and install a hightuck AFE muffler. That upgrade sounded good and the muffler was up and out of the way. I can't leave anything alone, so I just bought the AFE as stated above for $334.00 from Amazon. I will make sure to save my stock system. Let you know how it goes once delivered and installed.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I have a Borla cat back exhaust that I am going to have installed tomorrow. This one replaces the Y pipe and the loop. Hopefully this will help with the 3.5 inch MetalCloak lift that has been ordered. As far as the sound goes....that's a gamble. Hope it doesn't sound like the mail truck.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Got my Borla installed today. This particular model included the Y pipe and eliminated the loop. I was a little nervous that it might be too loud, but I was pleasantly surprised. At idle, it's a little deeper but not obnoxiously so whatsoever. At highway speeds it's easy to forget it's there. Overall, I'm pleased.

·
Super Moderator
2,847 Posts
I built a custom high clearance cat back exhaust system using 2.5" mandrel bent pipe and a Flowmaster HP-2 muffler. A little rumble to it and no drone. I picked the HP-2 muffler because the can is insulated and will run cool tucked up next to the frame rails.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my Borla installed today. This particular model included the Y pipe and eliminated the loop. I was a little nervous that it might be too loud, but I was pleasantly surprised. At idle, it's a little deeper but not obnoxiously so whatsoever. At highway speeds it's easy to forget it's there. Overall, I'm pleased.
That sounds like what I'm looking for. Which Borla system did you have installed?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I went online looking for the Dynomax Quiet Crawler which sounded the way I like it, the exhaust I think is not made anymore so I shopped around for all the individual parts from Dynomax.

Muffler was $50 on eBay Resonator was $35 on Amazon and the Intermediate pipe was $74 on eBay. Skipped the rear section and dumped before the axle with a Dymomax turn down which was $20 on Amazon then went to a local muffler shop and they welded everything for $100 and done. Sounds great, nice deep sound at low RPM after that I can barely hear it, my Trail Grapplers are louder to be honest. Everything came out to roughly $280ish.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
211 Posts
We offer a system 817674, Flowmasters new American Thunder® cat-back system for the 2007-2017 Jeep Wranglers is perfect for the person looking for maximum performance and ground clearance from their exhaust system. This 2.50" system features a 409S stainless steel mandrel bent tailpipe with a 3.00" polished stainless steel tip and fits both 2 and 4 door models with the 3.6L and 3.8L V6 engines. This system replaces the factory transverse muffler and relocates the Super HP-2 muffler behind the factory catalytic converter, providing a moderate to aggressive sound level. This relocation allows for better ground clearance when driving off-road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts