Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i pulled my center console to check it out and clean under it. I pulled the sube and relaized its a powered sub, About a month ago I installed an aftermarket radio and the sub didnt work after that. I figured I needed to buy an amp for it. Now that I know its a powered sub I am wondering what went wrong. All the wires in the connecter hooked up exactly to the back of the radio but the sub didnt work. Does anyone know what this might be? I was thinking that it might not be compatible with the new radio. Also if this is the case I was going to put an 8 inch sub in the console with a small amp. I know that will work because it would be like running any other amp except it would be to the center console not a trunk. Any thought would be nice.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
It should work with the new radio. The speaker leads already go to the sub. Did you hook up the blue wire from the new head unit?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seemed as if it were plug and play. I will have to check but today i have to go to work. I will let you know. Also anyone ever seen a 10 sub to the center console? If I can fit a 10 there I would try it. I m not talking heavy duty 1000 watts here just a cheap 10 inch and a few hundred watts.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
So i pulled my center console to check it out and clean under it. I pulled the sube and relaized its a powered sub, About a month ago I installed an aftermarket radio and the sub didnt work after that. I figured I needed to buy an amp for it. Now that I know its a powered sub I am wondering what went wrong. All the wires in the connecter hooked up exactly to the back of the radio but the sub didnt work. Does anyone know what this might be? I was thinking that it might not be compatible with the new radio. Also if this is the case I was going to put an 8 inch sub in the console with a small amp. I know that will work because it would be like running any other amp except it would be to the center console not a trunk. Any thought would be nice.
:wavey:rubiconvict: You might have better luck looking in "Communications & Electronics. Lot's of great info there. I found this excerpt, hope it helps.: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f40/in...radio-in-tj-write-up-31293-2.html#post1275936

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
From my experience...installed Sony radio with Amp and "blew" factory sub...found a shop to rebuild it..they suggested replacing it or not push it so hard.....factory sub can not take to much power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts