Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
167 Posts
That speaker placement is awesome! Did you just cut the existing insert that goes in there and fab it? Any details on it would be great. Nice job.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Unli...8-2-fkmr1&keywords=jeep+jk+power+window+bezel

Visaton FRS7-8 2.5" Full-Range Speaker 8 Ohm

Visaton Grill for FRS7 Series

Kydex V Sheet Black 52114 P3 Velour Matte Made in USA Plastics 2000 P2K | eBay

Amazon.com: RoadPro Replacement Speaker Wire 10 ft With 3.5mm Plug to Stripped Ends: Automotive

I reduced the depth of the power window switch bezel on a band saw and removed the center sections with a dremel.

The speaker grill was heated with a heat shrink gun to slightly bow to the contours of the bezel. I then sandwiched a piece of .028 kydex between the speaker grill and the bezel.

I assembled with 4 button head 4m X 40 screws and nylon lock nuts.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Nice install.

·
Registered
34,435 Posts
Nice and clean job!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Looks great! I'm about to install mine next week. Is there a need to ground the mounting bracket that the antenna mounts to? I thought the nylon washer on the stud mount was suppose to insulate the antenna from the stud?
I'm obviously not a CB guy. Just trying to learn.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Looks great! I'm about to install mine next week. Is there a need to ground the mounting bracket that the antenna mounts to? I thought the nylon washer on the stud mount was suppose to insulate the antenna from the stud?
I'm obviously not a CB guy. Just trying to learn.
I think he admitted up a few posts that he had the nylon washer on the wrong side of the bracket in his pic.

OP, nice job, I like the install. I'm going to use the same rear tailgate mount, but I'm probably going with a Uniden520XL rather than the Cobra, but I like the Cobra too. Do you really need the external speaker on the Cobra?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I think he admitted up a few posts that he had the nylon washer on the wrong side of the bracket in his pic.

OP, nice job, I like the install. I'm going to use the same rear tailgate mount, but I'm probably going with a Uniden520XL rather than the Cobra, but I like the Cobra too. Do you really need the external speaker on the Cobra?
I'm using the Cobra 75 w/o an external speaker and it works just fine (no audio complaints). I like the install shown above for the speaker - however for me it wouldn't work since I have power windows and my switches are there.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I like the install shown above for the speaker - however for me it wouldn't work since I have power windows and my switches are there.
One could always do what Jeep did for the Red Rock. Place a small Jeep logo'ed speaker, JPCBSJ1, up between the sun visors.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
One could always do what Jeep did for the Red Rock. Place a small Jeep logo'ed speaker, JPCBSJ1, up between the sun visors.

Yeah.....not liking that, looks like a goider on your windshield header.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts