Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got the Wrangler illness. What does it mean when you own a JKU Rubicon and your neighbor has a really nice YJ, your son is 15-1/2 and will be on a learners permit in 6 months and your neighbor makes you a really nice deal....and you buy it. Am I really sic? :redface: Or is this OK? :D

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm just having trouble believing you bought it for your son...... :D
Well I do have a year to really put it through its paces. My neighbor who knew that it needs a clutch, threw the parts into the purchase AFTER I agreed to buy and he is going to help me put it in using his heated garage. My son will be able to help with the clutch replacement. What a neighbor.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think I got the Wrangler illness. What does it mean when you own a JKU Rubicon and your neighbor has a really nice YJ, your son is 15-1/2 and will be on a learners permit in 6 months and your neighbor makes you a really nice deal....and you buy it. Am I really sic? :redface: Or is this OK? :D
It's not a sickness....trust me...it's like saving animals from a shelter, see...

And I just bought another YJ since these pics....:doh:

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that is awesome....something to aspire to.

To my wife...just thinking out loud....Honey, this jeep followed me home...can we keep it?

Just testing this jeep rescue thing out. :D

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's not a sickness....trust me...it's like saving animals from a shelter, see...

And I just bought another YJ since these pics....:doh:
nice collection!!!!!:appl:

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
;)

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
OP, post a new pic of your YJ.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OP, post a new pic of your YJ.
Sorry for just getting around to this.

I've been so busy lovin' my JK that this project has taken a back seat. Summer is coming and work will begin soon on the YJ. So here it is, my (and my son's) project jeep:

PICT0068.jpg

·
Registered
705 Posts
I haven't ready anything but the original post yet, but heck yea! that's awesome! Your son is super lucky! Our first was an '08 JKU then we traded a hunk-o-junk toyota tacoma for what is now my '95 YJ and I love it! I think the JK is awfully nice and husband likes it best but I think my YJ is way more fun. I'm def. coming back to read the rest of this thread later.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
My daughter is thinking about getting a Jeep as well.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For $2,000 I got three tops, the one that is in the picture, a full soft top and a bikini. The tub has been lined and no carpets. I got half doors with soft windows besides the doors shown above. AND he threw in a complete clutch replacement kit including the clutch, pressure plate, throw-out bearing, and slave cylinder.

Since I got it in December, I have purchased an air brush and appropriate compressor for it. A touch-up paint sprayer and appropriate compressor for that. And a transmission jack to get the clutch replacement done. I anticipate I'll use that again when the JK needs a new clutch. Some paint to go to town on it and treat and cover any rust. And some POR 15 undercoating to take care of any rust underneath it. The underneath parts have been well cared for by the previous owner(s). So it will just require some touch up there. I'm thinking camouflage for the paint job. My son is researching a color scheme. He is an artist so it will be interesting to see what he comes up with. It is going to require a lot of teaching about paint prep as I want him to do most of it. I'm going to be busy on my JK lining the tub. So, this ought to be fun.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My daughter is thinking about getting a Jeep as well.
That sounds great Tom. Will it be a project jeep or something newer?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts