Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent about $30 making a 3/4" copper dash bar. I sanded it matte finish and sprayed it with Krylon UV-resistant clear finish. It's a little more steampunk than I pictured in my head when I planned it. There is a little movement in the straps so I may have to address this after I see how it works once I've put a couple phone mounts on it. In addition, if there is any glare, I'll coat it in a black rubber finish.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6SiwynBFHph88ChXA

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
very neat, doesn't look like it will provide much function, or is this more for use to mount things to or have extra grab handles? doesn't seem like it would have much structural reinforcement capabilities

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
ah I see, very cool, like that you made it out of DIY stuff :) just always seemed like those were intended to be structural related components, LOL

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah I see, very cool, like that you made it out of DIY stuff :) just always seemed like those were intended to be structural related components, LOL
It definitely wouldn't take the weight like a grab bar of someone hanging on it. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Here is a picture of it if you don't want to view the album.
That actually looks really cool with the exterior color of your Jeep! Great ingenuity. For those of us that enjoy tinkering that would be a fun little project that you could get done fairly quick. Looks very cool!!!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Dash Bar - I was thinking liquor and beer taps..:drinks:

Reactions: gjk5dave and DougM7

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I spent about $30 making a 3/4" copper dash bar. I sanded it matte finish and sprayed it with Krylon UV-resistant clear finish. It's a little more steampunk than I pictured in my head when I planned it. There is a little movement in the straps so I may have to address this after I see how it works once I've put a couple phone mounts on it. In addition, if there is any glare, I'll coat it in a black rubber finish.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6SiwynBFHph88ChXA
@DougM7 Any updates?

How is this holding, still having wiggles?

Also can you elaborate on how you mounted it to the dash?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@DougM7 Any updates?

How is this holding, still having wiggles?

Also can you elaborate on how you mounted it to the dash?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It does wiggle a little. I think I can tighten it up using some rubber inserts on the pipe straps. I may piddle with it over the holidays. I like it and have no regrets saving the money over the factory version.

I mounted it the same way the other one is. There are a couple of plastic inserts in the dash you pop out. I used M7 nuts inside the copper pipe standoffs to mount on a post inside the dash. This is the same as the vector offroad version.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts