Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 rubicon and I'm planning on putting a smaller lift on it and then going up larger later.

So my plan so far is the OME 2" lift. I want their shocks and springs and I think I'm going to go with metalcloak front/rear track bars and their duraflex double adjustable control arms. With the adjustable track bars and control arms, would I be able to keep those if I went to say a 4" lift and 1" body lift to run 35's? And since I have a rubicon, I don't need a transfer case drop for just 2" correct? And later when I go to 4", I would need an sye and cv correct?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
For your Rubi, since you don't have a Slip yoke, there is nothing to SYE. But you may want to convert the single joint into the double joint when you go to 4".

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool that's good news. What about the control arms and track bars? Would they be able to go from 2" to 4"?

·
Registered
163 Posts
On my 03 I have the OME 2" heavy duty lift and 1.25" body lift. With flat fender flares and the correct rims I'm able to run 35s with no problems and it still handles great on the road

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I currently run 2" of lift plus a 1.25" body lift with a 1" motor mount lift. I have no drive line issues with stock arms and stock track bars.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size wheels and tires do you have? And the reason I ask about the track bars and control arms is that my control arm bushings are shot and I may as well just upgrade the control arms while I'm at it. And I get a little bit of death wobble sometimes so I was gonna upgrade track bars too.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
33" tires (285/75r16). I am slowly replacing the stock arms with Savvy arms one pair at a time. Similar to your line of thought, I am hoping the track bars will last long enough until I decide to lift the suspension a little more. I am right at the spring height where even the Metalcloak front track bar isn't short enough and I really want to avoid drilling the bracket to move the stock TB. I use a relocation bracket on the rear track bar.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes MC control arms will work fine for both lift heights. Metalcloak track bar will work fine at 4". I dont know if it has a minimum amount of lift though. I would call them.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
... I dont know if it has a minimum amount of lift though. I would call them.
Minimum amount of lift for the MC front track bar is somewhere just above 2". Below that the front axle is pulled in the opposite direction, unless you grind threads off of the rod end allowing the bar to be shortened further.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have any insight on these? I'd really like to just buy these. My stock ones probably won't last until I get the rest of the lift

1 - 14 of 14 Posts