Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2013 sport 2-door with 14/56 springs.

In my "stuff to put on my Jeep" box is a set of red Rubi shocks and 18/59 springs.

I also want to get a 1 3/4 spacer lift kit.

This should net me about 2.0 - 2.5" lift. This is my DD and I don't plan on doing heavy off roading, MAYBE a light trail here and there.

Do I need shock extension/relocation brackets?
Do I need extended sway bar links?

I have found spacer kits that include either sway bar links OR shock brackets, but not both. It'd be nice to get everything I need at once.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you read through the lift thread for newby's
They should really make that a sticky. I thought I'd read through it, but completely missed the part about the sway bar links.

OK so - is there a kit out there that includes the links, the spacers, AND the relocation brackets?

EDIT... This looks to be all I need. It appears to be nearly identical to a rough country kit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-2-5-Rear-2-5-Lift-Kit-Brake-Line-Track-Sway-Bar-Shock-Extender-JK-07-13-/221596562777?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33982f3559&vxp=mtr

Will that do?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a sticky :D
Nuh-uh! It's like halfway down the first page of JK Tech.

Hmm at that specific height .. Not sure.
You might want to piece it together.
Aight. I figured 2.5 might be a bit overkill. I can find the spacers cheap enough. Trying to keep it under ~$200, should be able to do that with enough googling.

For front shocks - do you recommend top extensions on the threaded pin, or bottom brackets?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts