Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a set of Rock Krawler 2.5” coil springs and matching Bilsteins from a local member, and needed some install advice. I see that many companies get away with selling lifts that just come with springs and shocks, but wasn’t sure if I could do it on mine. What are the minimum parts needed to get these installed? I do plan on adding to the lift as time goes on(control arms, adjustable track bars, etc.), but I’m itching to get a little elevation already and wanted to know if I would hurt anything getting these parts installed as is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
if going offroad you need bumpstops. if just driving around town you can wait on bumpstops. You will need something either geo brackets or longer/adjustable lower control arms, if a 2012 on up you will need either an aftermarket front driveshaft or exhaust spacers if going to take offroad. If just around town you will be fine without either. longer front swaybar links are needed and longer in back would be preferred. you can move the backs the front and add some longer rears. you may or may not need a front adjustable track bar to center the front axle. A rear track bar relocation bracket is needed to center the axle and to raise the roll center. that will get you by.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will definitely be seeing some time off-road but not a dedicated trail rig at this point. For now it’ll be some rough forest roads and some mountain backroads. I just bought it with brand new 285s so the bigger tires will have to wait until the summer or maybe next winter. I want to have the Jeep ready for that when the time comes. Kind of the chicken before the egg thing. So for now I’ll order bump stops, front track bar, rear track bar bracket, rear links, and maybe the front upper control arms just so it keeps its road worthiness and the wife happy.

·
Super Moderator
23,446 Posts
go with lower front control arms to correct caster not upper

1 - 4 of 4 Posts