Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just placed an order for a 3.5" MC (Duroflex - no shocks) lift to replace the 2.5" TF. No questions, concerns, or alien abductions...just pretty wicked excited and wanted to share with anyone bored enough to read this. :)

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Good deal. Once you get in installed, hammer on it and provide us a comparison from your point of view. There are always questions about the differences between different kits.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No issues or other new changes....its a long story really. Suffice to say I would buy TF again, the MC is just a lot more of what I have been after and I finally have the loot to spring for it. Get it? Spring for it....har har.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is in great shape and I will be selling it along with the aev correction brackets.

·
Registered
444 Posts
No issues or other new changes....its a long story really. Suffice to say I would buy TF again, the MC is just a lot more of what I have been after and I finally have the loot to spring for it. Get it? Spring for it....har har.
Spend that money then....hope you're "shocked" with the difference! Lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got my tracking number from Metalcloak today and got my front and rear Overland fenders on order! So excited!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey solinary, tried to PM you back but it says you can't receive any? Maybe you have a full inbox or technology is just glitching, but I was wondering if you were going to do the work yourself or have a shop do it? Shoot me
Another PM as things progress on your end and we'll figure something out.

Thanks again,

Mike

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
It's not hard to install at all. Do it yourself.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Especially when your buddy owns his own automotive shop. :drinks:
Even better, but getting your hands dirty and learning about your JK's suspension will pay off one day on the trail.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I completely agree. I learned a ton when we (ok, really he) installed the lift that I am replacing. Still much more to be learned, but I agree..get up in there and learn how that machine operates and you will thank yourself for it later. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed the lift today. It ended up being the Game Changer - ARB Edition as I bought the rear track bar, brake line, and the OME shocks as well...patience would have allowed me to buy it proper, but oh well.

Install took about 6 hours total and there were no issues to speak of as everything simply slid into place as it was supposed to. I double checked all the measurements of the control arms and the track bars, but MC was spot on with every single one of them just as they said they would be in the directions. Speaking of directions, they were great if you ask me..clear and concise, no complaints.

The look of the hardware is great, the look of the Jeep is great, the ride is great, and the flex...well that is nothing short of amazeballs...just like advertised. I feel like the money I spent on this hardware was every penny worth it, I only wish that I had gone this route to begin with. Lesson learned.

Now if MC would just chop chop on the Overlands...I am waiting patiently for Gmail to tell me they are on the way! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts