Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've been researching lifts the last few days, including searching through this forum and really need some help.

I finally bit the bullet and went with 35 BFG KO2s on 17 Method Vex Titanium wheels for my 15' JKU HR daily driver (manual, 4.10), that shipped yesterday and now have to decide on a lift. I've barely taken it off road, and definitely a rookie, but hope to do some minor wheeling near Houston or central Texas.

A couple questions I've run into:

• I keep seeing suggestions to go 2.5 over 3.5 because of wear and tear, but it's not clear to me if that's highway or off road wear and tear. If I went 2.5, I'd get flat fenders prior to wheeling.
  • Since my wheeling is limited, I've been quoted Pro Comp Stage 1 lifts (3.5 is K3100B; $699 + $750 install). I've seen the major lifts for dummies threads, but not sure if Pro Comp is a good kit. Or really sure what's a good value kit. I know I currently can't justify a $2000+ kit for what I do, but fine spending more than the Pro Comp if it'll prevent problems in the long run.
  • I realize I'll need a programmer, any suggestions?
  • Anything else needed after 35s and a lift?
  • Currently looking at Teraflex Alpha HD or Maximus 3 tire carrier. I've seen the 10A/X/HR tire carrier thread, but open to opinions.
A couple of considerations, I have about 79-80" clearance for my garage. The heaviest addition currently to my jeep is a Maximus 3 Stinger, basically 0 extra weight, so I'm guessing a lift might run higher than stated.

I'm going to continue to do research, but since I've never been a car guy, a lot of the info has been over my head, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,474 Posts
What type of offroading are you going to be doing in TX? What is your end goal for the Jeep? I assume that since this is your DD that onroad is more important than offroad?

There is a few ways we can take this. Feel free to PM, email, or call us and we can help get you setup with a lift that will work for you and your needs.

-Jason

·
Registered
433 Posts
2.5 would be good. Check out a Rock Krawler flex kit. Really only 2 kinds of calibration devices and both about the same price. I went AEV. Brakes. Teraflex HD hinge and carrier is a good option. Check out vendor section for some good deals.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm running a teraflex 2.5" lift with their 9550 shocks, no complaints. It feels like stock, maybe even better on the road and does very well off road. For this size lift, I would recommend getting front lower control arms to get your caster back in check (felt flighty before LCA's). I did notice the steering feeling a little loose after lift and 35's, so I installed the teraflex front track bar and it made the steering nice and tight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I went with a Teraflex 3" lift with the 9550s, got a great deal on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts