Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a lift for my 00' TJ and I just need something that will fit 33" tires and ride smooth, not interested in a body lift because they look terrible. If i ever needed to get out of a tight squeeze it would be nice to have the option but don't need to be able to trek across moab. For the most part i don't do any major wheeling occasionally enjoy going to the dunes but my stock rig can handle that. anybody have any ideas for a newbie on a budget.
thanks in advance
cheers, :confused:

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
nish171 said:
I'm looking to get a lift for my 00' TJ and I just need something that will fit 33" tires and ride smooth, not interested in a body lift because they look terrible. If i ever needed to get out of a tight squeeze it would be nice to have the option but don't need to be able to trek across moab. For the most part i don't do any major wheeling occasionally enjoy going to the dunes but my stock rig can handle that. anybody have any ideas for a newbie on a budget.
thanks in advance
cheers, :confused:
3" lift can work with 33's.4" works better of course. I ran a rusty's offroad 3" with a 1"body lift with my 33's, didnt' really need the body lift but it helped. road very nice. Also rubicon express makes a 3.5" kit that will fit 33's just fine.. You also will most likey need a drop transfer case kit, and a front adj track bar, new shocks of course and a either a new rear track bar or a rear tack bar adj bracket.. your stock brake lines will be fine with a minor life.. or just fine some YJ lines as they are longer. Here is a pic of the one I had with 3" coils and 1" body...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are there kits that have everything that I need in them, and if so what price should i expect to be paying. again somewhat budgeted.
cheers,

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
what engine do you have?
When i lifted my 97 tj, i wound up with 5.4 in of lift with the re 3.5 springs. I figure my 2.5 l was too light. I wound up with major drive shaft vibe with that arangement. I bought the teraflex 3T (3 in) springs and wound up with 4.4 in lift. I then tried the tera flex 2t springs and got 3.75 in, but the rear sags with normal trail load. I wound up getting rear adjustable track rods to deal with the vibration. I have heard that the Old man emu springs ($$$) may be easier to get closer to the right lift with the right sales guy. I wound up talking to a jerk that was of no help, but I have heard of others that had a different experence.

with the re kit they have you drilling a hole to close for my comfort to the edge the axle end of the bracket that mounts the front track rod to deal with the side travel induced by the lift. with the adjustable front track rod, that is not a concern. same goes for the rear, but they usually give you a relocation bracket which deals with the shift.

If you are interrested in the re 3.5 lift, I'll give you a good deal on the one I took out, it wasn't on there more than a week.
I dealt with jim supplee of supplee 4wd in oklahoma. best prices, great guy, and most of his stuff is free shipping.

·
Administrator
12,602 Posts
I have the 4.0L and run a RE 4.5 super flex kit on the current jeep. Most RE kits will net you about another 1" to 2" depening on the Springs you end up with. My front and rear track bar brackets where custom made so mine seem to do okay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts