Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a few posts on this issue but mostly for the 4.0. I have the 2.5l with the 5 speed and am having issues getting it to pass smog.

Here is my first test, everything was good but the NO. It was NO = 682 @ 15MPH and 1082 @ 25MPH. Guy told me my CAT was on the banned list but that I was grandfathered in so that was okay. However, after talking with several shops, the idea was that the CAT was actually bad. So I put in a new CAT. Magnaflow EO#D-193-105 (339005).

Took it back in for another test after putting about 60 miles on the new CAT. I also drove about 30 miles before taking it in just to make sure it was nice and hot. Results or the 2nd Test were NO = 32 @15MPH and 850 @ 25MPH. Limit @ 25MPH was 623. So I FAIL again.

I have no EGR. Don't see any leaks in the exhaust. No idea about thermostat or the O2 sensor. Never did any Sea Foam as I don't really know what or how that works.

Can anyone provide any ideas or help?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I talked through PM to a couple of people and the idea is the O2 and plugs. I am going to change the O2 sensor and the plugs. Then do a radiator flush and then retest.

Any ideas on where to get the best deal on an O2 sensor? This registration tab is getting expensive!!!

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
So I talked through PM to a couple of people and the idea is the O2 and plugs. I am going to change the O2 sensor and the plugs. Then do a radiator flush and then retest. Any ideas on where to get the best deal on an O2 sensor? This registration tab is getting expensive!!!
I got an O2 sensor for mine at Autozone and you can check out the tool you need to remove and install. I had major issues getting mine to pass smog when I first bought it, and then I was referred to a guy in San Bernardino who was able to tune it to pass. I've taken it there ever since. Arrowhead Auto on Waterman, it might be worth the drive for you. He does a lot of jeeps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts