Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am now 1 month into owning a Jeep. A 2016 JKU Sport w/6 Speed Manual Trans. Being on a budget, I purchased the Sport with the factory 16inch wheels / and basic tires. (I hate the factory Soccer Mom Tires) I am hoping next Month to save enough money for tires but, My head is spinning on all the stuff I have read & heard about JK upgrading. So let me begin my question with my Jeep plans.

- It is a DD with the occasional (1-3 times a year trip to uwharrie or Gulches ORV)
- Plan to have a budget boost (TeraFlex) or 2.5 Spring Lift NEXT YEAR (Lord Willing)
- Some short time after that I will get the Sway Bar QDC from TF.
- No plans for new bumpers , winches, etcs......

I was given 5 Saraha 18' Wheels with TPMS for free by my AWESOME BROTHER! (you know who you are copyguy)

We are working on buying a new home over the next 11 months so my budget is tight. I have been looking at the MAstercraft Courser AXT 275/65R18. From what I can tell that is a 33" tire. I understand I will need to trim air dam on front, no biggie. So far, I understand that this size Wheel/Tire will work fine on my stock JKU. so here is my question.

Other then buying the tires and having them mounted, what else do I "HAVE" to do?

All opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Actually, in the Mastercraft MXT the 275/70R18 will fit. This tire is 33X11 and what i'm running on stock Sahara wheels just like the ones Stu gave you. Couple washers on the Steering stops and trim that front air damn. You won't need a lift to clear them but you'll want to be extra careful if you unhook the swaybars. (might be best not to unhook them until you get a lift and bumpstops) I have a winch plate i'll sell you cheap too, which will allow you to run a winch on the stock bumper. You'll want a winch if you do anything off road. Wheeling, hunting, etc...

So I am now 1 month into owning a Jeep. A 2016 JKU Sport w/6 Speed Manual Trans. Being on a budget, I purchased the Sport with the factory 16inch wheels / and basic tires. (I hate the factory Soccer Mom Tires) I am hoping next Month to save enough money for tires but, My head is spinning on all the stuff I have read & heard about JK upgrading. So let me begin my question with my Jeep plans.

- It is a DD with the occasional (1-3 times a year trip to uwharrie or Gulches ORV)
- Plan to have a budget boost (TeraFlex) or 2.5 Spring Lift NEXT YEAR (Lord Willing)
- Some short time after that I will get the Sway Bar QDC from TF.
- No plans for new bumpers , winches, etcs......

I was given 5 Saraha 18' Wheels with TPMS for free by my AWESOME BROTHER! (you know who you are copyguy)

We are working on buying a new home over the next 11 months so my budget is tight. I have been looking at the MAstercraft Courser AXT 275/65R18. From what I can tell that is a 33" tire. I understand I will need to trim air dam on front, no biggie. So far, I understand that this size Wheel/Tire will work fine on my stock JKU. so here is my question.

Other then buying the tires and having them mounted, what else do I "HAVE" to do?

All opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it is a "HAVE TO" or a "you should"

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool so it is a "You Should" and I will eventually.... I NEVER SPEED ANYWAY so I am good.... Just ask stu... I drive like my uncle stanley (R.I.P.) .....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts