Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is a lot of tire threads but i cant find the answer I'm looking for; I have a feeling a lot of people here do know the answer. I have a 2011 jk on 2" lift, right now i have BFG A/T 285/70/17. I would like to upgrade to the 35/12.5/17, first of all would that size fit on my stock rims? I'm guessing they don't, but if they don't what backspace/width wheel would allow that size tire to fit? I suppose on top of that would I need to modify anything else to make them work? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Those tires will fit on the stock rims. They are slightly under manufacturer spec so some tire shops may require a little convincing. You will also need spacers. With only 2" of lift you may have some interference but it depends on how much effective lift you really have.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
1.5" spacers will be a must have. And as spinlock pointed out, you might have rubbing depending on how much lift you actually have. I will add that the 35's will fill out the wheel wells a lot and might even look a little disproportionate at 2"... You could go to flat fenders to fix that.

Also, look at the 315/70-17 tires. They are 35's also and add a ton of variety to your options.

You might consider one of the in between sizes, like 305/70-17.

Here's the 305's with a 2" BB:

Other wise, you need a wheel with at least 5" of back spacing or less. The preferred window is 4.5" to 5"...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts