Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question I cannot seem to get the almighty Google to answer for me. I have an 87 Wrangler with the 4.2 which from from what I can tell is really an 86. I purchased a new plastic valve cover kit. My question is the new valve cover has two holes on the top which per the valve cover should be torqued to 28 pounds. My old one did not have these holes. In my research I figured out these were additional bolts to hold the valve cover down. My question is why would mine original valve cover not utilize these bolts and is there a way I can add the additional bolts to my setup? Or should I simply plug the hole install the valve cover and be done?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
you will have to get the brackets that bolt onto your head in order to utilize these bolt holes..the more bolts the better especially on the plastic covers but if your other one worked fine without them then this one should be no different

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
these center bolts do tend to make the sides of your valve covers push out to help keep them where they should be to seal properly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts