Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
continued Wrangler shopping.

This dealer had 3-4dr wranglers new.

Sport-Sahara & some unknown. Sticker price between $25k & $31k. Unreal.

I'm not looking for the rhinestone model. And I've got plenty of time to wait pending a property sales.

Like the 3-piece hard top. Does it work well for most?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Was the "unknown" a Rubicon? If it was that would be in the 31 + range depending on options. You should be able to get a better deal in Aug./Sept. Having a hard top is a personal preference. Do some leak. Yes.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Thats the normal price of a new wranglers...your not gonna get any better, especially on the 4dr.
I like the freedom top. The front panels come off in seconds.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Join treadlighly.org and you can get employee pricing on a new Jeep, 1% below invoice.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Join treadlighly.org and you can get employee pricing on a new Jeep, 1% below invoice.....
^ I would say wait until the 2011s come out. They're supposed to have a new interior? And then the 2010s price should come down. Plus in Dec dealers are trying to make their calander year quotas for bonuses from Chryser and are more desperate to get trucks off the lot.

...Or become a member of Treadlightly Like Inforno Said...:rofl:

·
Registered
88 Posts
continued Wrangler shopping.

This dealer had 3-4dr wranglers new.

Sport-Sahara & some unknown. Sticker price between $25k & $31k. Unreal.

I'm not looking for the rhinestone model. And I've got plenty of time to wait pending a property sales.

Like the 3-piece hard top. Does it work well for most?

Not exactly understanding what your question is. But, as a new jeep owner but long time admirer, those prices are pretty much in line. What are you looking for? New jeeps aren't exactly cheap, but they hold their value well. An inexpensive jeep may be more trouble than you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
The Wranglers hold their value, I have seen 2010 2 door Sport models with a 23K price tag. If you are finding 4 doors for that price, in my opinion that is cheap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I picked up my first wrangler 2 door this past weekend, sticker price of 24,370 USD for the Sport with Auto tranny (I know, dont cast too many stones at me!), A/C and 4X4 and I was able to get them down to just over 20K, add a trade in in, and a little cash down and I was able to finance at 250 a month over 60... thats a damn good deal for a jeep

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I picked up my first wrangler 2 door this past weekend, sticker price of 24,370 USD for the Sport with Auto tranny (I know, dont cast too many stones at me!), A/C and 4X4 and I was able to get them down to just over 20K, add a trade in in, and a little cash down and I was able to finance at 250 a month over 60... thats a damn good deal for a jeep
No stones from me... i like my auto

·
Premium Member
6,134 Posts
Nice Jeep, good luck! :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, that's definitely normal. I just bought a fully loaded 4 door Sahara 2010, with 10,000 miles on it. The KBB on the vehicle was over $32,000, I got it for $30,900. Worth every penny, it's an amazing Jeep.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
HOLY COW! 25 to 30K???? Thats crazy expensive for a used Wrangler.
I must be out of touch with the rest of the US market.

Maybe you should fly out to the left coast buy a low mile Sahara for 18K and drive it back?

I bought a used X with 10K mi, power group, hard and soft top, AC, off road package, Rock trac 4:1 trans, 4:10 gears, new BFG MT's, free oil changes for 5 years and a 7 year 70,000 bumper to bumper warranty for about 1/2 the cost of a new one.
Dealer was asking 20K but it didn't take long to talk them way down with a lump of cash and nice jeep cherokee to trade in.

Keep looking, they're out there.

·
Banned
1,259 Posts
The Wranglers hold their value, I have seen 2010 2 door Sport models with a 23K price tag. If you are finding 4 doors for that price, in my opinion that is cheap.
This is true... my 09 seems to have a higher Private Party value than what I initially paid for it... go figure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport Rescue Green, Soft Top, 6 Speed Manual with A/C. Sticker was $22,800. Paid $19,800 and got $500 in Mopar Bucks. Very happy with the deal. Have added over $2,500 in extras and still below sticker price.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Less than a month ago I bought a new 2dr Sport, soft top, auto, a/c for $20,700. I also got the 500 dollars in mopar bucks. I think the sticker was almost 24000 (maybe 23900). Can't find my sticker right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport Rescue Green, Soft Top, 6 Speed Manual with A/C. Sticker was $22,800. Paid $19,800 and got $500 in Mopar Bucks. Very happy with the deal. Have added over $2,500 in extras and still below sticker price.
Very similar to my experience, but I got natural green and a hard top.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the tips folks. The price I have in mind came from the ad at the top of this forum....something about "True Market Value" or some such. I don't see it there today.

The ones I looked at are not Rubis, don't need all their extras. And I'm happy to hear of some Sports 4dr found in the $20-23k range new. It may take a while, I'm in no hurry.

The navi-center & fancy radio have no interest for me. Will be looking for the auto at this point....although a 6 speed certainly would have been desirable about 30 years ago. I have a knee & leg issue that fires up from time to time.

I'm in rain country and like what I see on the 3 piece hard top. Big improvement from years past. The dealer guy I talked with could barely figure out how to take out the driver section *kaff*kaff* not an impressive performance. And strangely enough, while he did managed to get me into the showroom, when I got under the Jeep, there was a fresh oil drip right under the front differential!

Will check out that treadlightly place too.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts