Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I've pretty much decided based on my budget and the good reviews that zones is the way to go for my 04 Sahara.

With that said I was looking at the 3" suspension kit at 1st and may still go that route.

However for less than a $100 more.. Zones 4.25 combo lift gives you the 3" suspension and 1.25" body lift. Then there is the 4" suspension suspension lift. Same price for both kits. Is there any benefit to lifting the body vs keeping it all suspension?

I won't have the cash for 32" or 33" tires for a while so my jeep will look funny for a while. I actually like the 32s so 4" lift may be to much?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went with the 4.25 kit and it works well. I went with it trying to avoid a transfer case drop and the need for a SYE. That said I still need a SYE because of a little drive line vibe, but others have said they have no trouble with vibes

·
Registered
608 Posts
Go with the 4.25" combo, no question. All three lifts work together to create the most harmonious overall lift. The body lift gives you an extra 1.25", but it also makes room for the motor mount lift, which reduces the chance for driveline vibrations caused by the 3" suspension lift. Phew! If you do the 3" or especially the 4" suspension lift by itself you will more than likely get driveline vibrations because you increased the angle of the driveline too much by only lifting the suspension. The cheapest way to remedy this is with a transfer case drop, which lowers your transfer case, transmission, and transfer case skid to then decrease the angle of your driveshaft. The problem with doing that is that you end up taking away some of the lift you just spent lots of money and time on installing. You need to read, read, read more about what a lift does and what the options are so you know for sure what to do and what not to do. Trust me, lifting an automobile impacts a lot of things. There will be things that come up along the way that you will want to fix and/or change. Go with the combo lift to take care of some potential complications from the beginning.

It probably will look a little funny with the full combo lift and stock tires tho. I'd do the body lift and MML and wait on the suspension lift til you can get new tires. Or piece together a body lift, motor mount lift, and like a 2 inch or even a budget boost lift if you want to run smaller than 33" tires. Anybody else have recommendations?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, gives me some insight on the subject. Also thanks for the pics. The rigs look great. From the sounds of it the Combo is the way to go. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
It really is a great kit and value!

:iamhappy:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am going to bite the bullet and purchase the 4.25 combo kit. Myself and a buddy of mine will do the install. Should not be too difficult if we take our time. Stay tuned for before and after pics.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did the 4.25 combo and love it. I installed it myself in my garage over a week. Had about 18 hours in it over several evenings and a Saturday. Could do it in half that time now. Also got the Nitro shocks and quick discos.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I did the 4.25 combo and love it. I installed it myself in my garage over a week. Had about 18 hours in it over several evenings and a Saturday. Could do it in half that time now. Also got the Nitro shocks and quick discos.
Are those 8" or 10" wide baja's?

My combo just showed up!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
iwannajeep wd your rig looks killer man.

For now I am sticking with the stock rims, but those will be changed sometime this year. Still have not decided on 32 or 33 tires. Same price for the most part.

Derkperk lets see who gets their kit on 1st!....... joking. I am seriously taking my time on this to make sure it gets done right the 1st time.

Good luck post up a pic when done. I will do the same and post if I get stuck some where and have a questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts