Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I fabbed a modified copy of the Rock-it antenna cb mount for my Ham antenna. It's mounted behind the pass. tail light. What's the best way to ground the mount? Should I just drill through it and the body or do that and run a strap down to the frame?

Chad

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Chad,
Which antenna are you going to be using? Most of the mobiles I have been using are ground independant to the car. The Diamond dual banders don't require any grounding. I recently checked with the factory directly during an install last month.

Look at the mag mounts and such that are out there.....Granted not antennas with the most gain, but none the less, no grounding requirement.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Larsen NMO- 2/70 mount for my IC-208H.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Looking at their web site, it's the same thing, I don't believe you need to run a seperate ground.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perfect! Thanks guys. I'll just drill for a more secure mount then and be happy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can check it a V-O-M meter from the Mount to another ground point on the vehicle.

Check it without the coax connected if you can. If ithe coax is hard attached to the mount, unhook it at the other end.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can check it with a V-O-M meter from the Mount to another ground point on the vehicle.

Check it without the coax connected if you can. If the coax is hard attached to the mount, unhook it at the other end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts