Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
good morning, I know anti rocks are very popular due to their performance off road. I am a weekend wheeler in FL, so not a lot of hills or rocks, but we do have water holes, and trenches to "climb" thru. the actuator on my e-disco has done out and I'm thinking about moving to the anti rock.

Here's my issue. I'm 7.5" lifted and most of my daily driving is 60+ MPH. I know I'll have more body roll in turns, but is it enough to be flip worthy? I have taken the steps to widen the stance as well to keep the center of gravity in line with where it should be.

thoughts? Who has the anti rock in a DD with a large lift?

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
I dont even know a company that even makes a 7.5 lift for a JK and for good reason...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a BDS 6.5" long arm and a 1"spacer

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
It's a BDS 6.5" long arm and a 1"spacer
Only in Florida...

Seriously though, how heavy are you otherwise? I wouldn't even use them for towing and my 2.5" lift.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
You'll probably get more of the opposite reaction- but don't. Get quick disconnects and be done. With that much lift I cannot possibly imagine what an Anti will feel like. I am in in minority out here in CA- everyone and their mother has Anti's. They all "get used to it." Which means there is a difference; right? I (used to) wheel almost every other weekend but I wasn't willing to give up street ride for something that takes me less time to do than air down 4 tires. A big hype that's not worth it unless it's a trail-only rig. (And I have an edisco on my Sport; got sick of the stupid thing not working. I don't even bother it anymore.)
(Now; you did mention mud. That might change things....disconnecting after a mud fest WOULD be a pain...but still with your amount of lift I wouldn't screw with it IMO)

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You'll probably get more of the opposite reaction- but don't. Get quick disconnects and be done. With that much lift I cannot possibly imagine what an Anti will feel like. I am in in minority out here in CA- everyone and their mother has Anti's. They all "get used to it." Which means there is a difference; right? I (used to) wheel almost every other weekend but I wasn't willing to give up street ride for something that takes me less time to do than air down 4 tires. A big hype that's not worth it unless it's a trail-only rig. (And I have an edisco on my Sport; got sick of the stupid thing not working. I don't even bother it anymore.)
(Now; you did mention mud. That might change things....disconnecting after a mud fest WOULD be a pain...but still with your amount of lift I wouldn't screw with it IMO)
I'm in the minority too.

If anything, I would get a stiffer swaybar for street use and then have disconnects so I could get full advantage of the flex in my suspension.

Anti-Rock swaybars were designed for seriously built buggies with way too much flex that needed to be reigned in. Clever marketing has created a market for them in the street/off road jeep crowd. But in reality, they are the worst of both worlds. They don't limit sway much at all on the road so you feel like you're going to flop going around corners. And off road, they lift tires off the ground when they shouldn't so you end up needing your lockers more often than if you just disconnect. No thanks.

I ended up getting the JKS manual disconnect cable unit for the Rubicon swaybar I put under my Sport. It's stupid easy to just pull and twist the handle. I don't even have to bend over. But I get basically full disconnect when I'm off road and a real swaybar for when I'm on the road. https://jksmfg.com/i-11646284-electronic-swaybar-cable-conversion-wrangler-jk-rubicon.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts