Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So i got a used 2017 Sahara a few weeks ago. I verified the alarm does work however the little red light on top of the dash (not the instrument panel light) does not blink at all. Any suggestions? I highly doubt its the led bulb since those typically last forever. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you locking with the button on the door or the key fob? I hear that if you use the lock on the door the anti-theft system does not engage.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello. So i got a used 2017 Sahara a few weeks ago. I verified the alarm does work however the little red light on top of the dash (not the instrument panel light) does not blink at all. Any suggestions? I highly doubt its the led bulb since those typically last forever. Thanks
Are you sure there's a light on the top of the dash? My 2018 has the factory alarm and there's only a red led that blinks on the instrument panel, not on the top of the dash.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Are you sure there's a light on the top of the dash? My 2018 has the factory alarm and there's only a red led that blinks on the instrument panel, not on the top of the dash.
Same, and the alarm activates whether I use the fob or door switch and blinks the red light.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
That isn't a light on the dash but a sensor for the automatic headlights and dash illumination controls. I could not find it's description in the owners manual but that is what I was told. When it senses that the headlights need to be on it, it turns them on.
There is a red light near the Engine Temperature gage (Marked #20) that informs you of the status of the Security System, as described in the Qwners Manual.

20. Vehicle Security Light — If Equipped
This light will flash at a fast rate for approximately 15 seconds when the vehicle security alarm is arming, and then will flash slowly until the vehicle is disarmed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts