Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 yj and i was wondering what's the best thing to get to keep people from stealing your stuff out of your car when you have a soft top.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 1995 yj and i was wondering what's the best thing to get to keep people from stealing your stuff out of your car when you have a soft top.
I agree with Sinister6, however you can buy a locking center console for around $150 for a really secure one. But you'll only be able to hold wallets, keys, phones, small stuff like that.

·
Super Moderator
12,685 Posts
I simply leave an empty holster on the dash.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
A really big Pitbull that hasn't eaten in a few days is an extremely good theft deterrent. Get a black one and one of those spike studded collars. Make sure you leave the windows down so he can get some air (or the arm of someone reaching in).

I absolutely guarantee that all of your stuff will be exactly where you left it.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have a reinforced steel box in the back of mine with all my goodies. Cant get to the lock without opening the rear door which is also locked. Nothing stays out in the open. I pull my faceplate to the radio and lock the glove compartment and center console. I have a nice CB mounted in the Center console but the wiring goes underneath everything so theres no "sight" of anything worth value in the console.

At night I take more drastic measures, but in the day thieves will go for the easiest things. They come across a Jeep with no Top or Doors with nothing visible worth taking they not gonna stand around and go through it. They KNOW theres gonna be someone somewhere with the windows down and a cellphone within reach.

I, unfortunately speak from prior experience. Over 20 years ago during my teen years. I'm NOT proud of it and I have paid back restitution (voluntary). Today I despise Thieves and do what I can to help others.

To prevent theft of vehicle, I have a 3 way toggle in my steel box thats above the fuel tank. I intercepted the Fuel Pump Power feed at the top of the tank and re-direct it to the switch. From there, up feeds power to an Air horn INSTEAD of the Fuel Pump. In Down the Pump receives the power. So in other words, The fuel pump is shut down and the horn is blaring. I would leap out and run instead of trying to figure out whats wrong. the Switch is protected by the once again reinforced steel box.

My half doors have the internal locks disconnected so the only way to unlock and steal my half door is to unlock it with the key cylinder instead of the "easy" reach in and unlock the door. The internal door handles do NOT auto-unlock the doors.

While a VERY determined thief could still sneak my ride, about 95% of them are of the "snag and grab" style and would give my Jeep a once over and move on.

And I realize saying all this gives away some secrets, but I also have a CHL and not afraid to use it :p At Night my Jeep is protected by 4-5 Geese that roam the property. I know some will "Geese? WHAT?" But then you've never really confronted a Goose who doesn't know you LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
I keep a hogs head from last years' hunting trip and bolt it to the hood.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I built a platform where the useless rear seat was and bolted it into the tub , it makes a nice speaker box and hides and secures my valuables.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts