Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed some coolant leaking out from my radiator and when I pulled the cap I noticed it was an orange-ish color. Seems very odd because when I bought the Jeep last year the first thing I did was check the coolant and it was yellow/greenish. Thoughts
?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Any possibility the P/O had just R&R'ed the coolant and after your drove it a while it stirred up the existing Dexcool orange stitting in the block? Otherwise a little rust has been stirred up I guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if it’s rust, is that something I need to worry about? Or should I just have it flushed and refilled?.... I haven’t had any issues with it as far as cooling goes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So if it’s rust, is that something I need to worry about? Or should I just have it flushed and refilled?.... I haven’t had any issues with it as far as cooling goes.
I would definitely do a BG radiator flush treatment. Not sure if that would solve the problem.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If there is any doubt with the age or whether the correct anti-freeze was used or mixed coolants or rust, drain the system, rinse with distilled and fill with the proper coolant towards 50:50 mix.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like corrosion. If the coolant was originally yellow/green then it probably wasn't filled with a HOAT coolant, like what is recommended. After you flush the entire system including the heater core, fill it with Zerex G05 coolant which has an orange color.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts