Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be the route I would like to take and get rid of the JKS Discos, to many cons. My question is this; is it also recommended in getting the rear sway bar kit also? I'm planning on regearing and not sure if that would make a difference or not.

Thanx everyone

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I've been running a front Antirock with a stock rear anti sway bar for years. Works great.
The rear Antirock requires welding the mounts on the Jeep.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I run both Antirock systems front and rear and don't remember that we welded any mounts when the rear unit was installed. We did bolt them to the rear frame. They work great on and off road. Some think that the rear unit is too stiff, but I've had no problems at all and am continually amazed at how well they perform offroad.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It sounds like I would be OK without the rear but to keep it in mind.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,374 Posts
Yep my TJ works great with a front Antirock and rear OE antiswaybar. At the most just swap in longer links for the rear to match your lift height.

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I run both Antirock systems front and rear and don't remember that we welded any mounts when the rear unit was installed. We did bolt them to the rear frame. They work great on and off road. Some think that the rear unit is too stiff, but I've had no problems at all and am continually amazed at how well they perform offroad.
Nothing from Currie is provided except the tab with 3 holes in it for the axle side of the links which has to be welded in place. Maybe someone put them on before you got the axle, but they aren't there stock on any of the TJ rear axles.

·
Registered
216 Posts
What shocks are you running? The only complaints I hear about is some have excess body roll, but it has a lot to do with what type shocks they run. I have mine set on the lowest setting and am running Fox 2.0 shocks. I have no problem diving into curves on the highway.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What shocks are you running? The only complaints I hear about is some have excess body roll, but it has a lot to do with what type shocks they run. I have mine set on the lowest setting and am running Fox 2.0 shocks. I have no problem diving into curves on the highway.
I'm running Zone hydro.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Blaine. Yep, you're right. I realize now that when my friends at Hazzard Fabworx installed the rear Antirock, I wasn't in the shop yet when they welded them on. So I stand corrected. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts