Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what this color looks like? I haven't been able to find anything out about it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
No one knows yet. It is expected to be a dark grey color, but it is only scheduled to come out next year. Many have suggested that it may not be produced at all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hope it is not a rumor, I am putting off buying my Jeep until I see this color. I was disappointed that the Billet was far more silver than grey (not nearly as dark as on the Jeep site), hoping Anvil is dark gray. This color is scheduled to be in production the exact same day as the Aniversary Rubicon, I am hoping it is not an exclusive color for the anniversary Rubicon as I can't afford to jump up to a Rubicon.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I settled for Billet, I have heard Anvil will be a flat color without pearl or metalflake in it. I think there was some paint sample photos floating in the 2013 information thread (in the stickies), it's so long you may need a few days to search though.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
From everything I've gathered, it looks like the Graphite Grey color Chrysler used to have, except without the flakes. It's supposed to be a second-half 2013 color, and may or may not only be available on the Rubicon (10th anniversary). From the mock ups I've seen, it'll be the best 2013 color by a long shot.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Last update was that it was scheduled for March 2013 production, but according to some, it is still kindof up in the air, and might not even make prduction.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2013-wrangler-information-thread-161113-256.html#post2944025

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/2013-wrangler-information-thread-161113-251.html#post2892919

At this point it's still a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside and enigma. This post had a pic of a shirt with a similar color:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/10...tion-by-end-of-year-149867-2.html#post2785707

Maybe we'll hear something by year's end? My advice would be to watch the 2013 Wrangler information sticky (and pay attention to Pat's posts).

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I hope it is not a rumor, I am putting off buying my Jeep until I see this color. I was disappointed that the Billet was far more silver than grey (not nearly as dark as on the Jeep site), hoping Anvil is dark gray. This color is scheduled to be in production the exact same day as the Aniversary Rubicon, I am hoping it is not an exclusive color for the anniversary Rubicon as I can't afford to jump up to a Rubicon.
Billet isn't really silver. It is smoke gray with a TON of metal flake in it. The flake makes it look sliver in the light, but on a cloudy day it is gray.

Pictures online don't do it justice because unless they are high resolution, the flake looks like it all blends together to form silver. But in person, up close, you can see the difference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Billet isn't really silver. It is smoke gray with a TON of metal flake in it. The flake makes it look sliver in the light, but on a cloudy day it is gray.

Pictures online don't do it justice because unless they are high resolution, the flake looks like it all blends together to form silver. But in person, up close, you can see the difference.

I got wood for billet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No picture will give you an exact representation of the color: Assuming that the camera has a perfect and standard color rendition and the picture was taken under a color corrected light (5500K I think), you'll need to have a perfectly calibrated monitor using the same ICC color profile in all devices. Also, your viewing area has to be completely neutral (all walls white or grey) and you should not see any strong color for at least a few minutes. On top of that, color is a subjective matter and your perception of it will be affected by a few factors, including how do you feel, the time of the day etc, etc. That's why all the color manufacturing companies (like Pantone) rely on printed samples to do their business. So the only reliable way to see and judge that color, is either seeing it in person or having a paint chip or "swatch" (Pantone - FORMULA GUIDE Solid Coated & Solid Uncoated). IF someone can find the Pantone code for that Anvil color, then we can just order the sample from Pantone and be able to see it beforehand. Never, never base your color decision based on pictures from the Internet.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
Anvil will be produced this year. I had heard it might not make it into production due to some of the other colors being pushed back. I have heard it is exclusive to the 10th Anniversary Edition, but I have not been able to confirm that yet.

I will have info on the Ann Edition by the end of this month. If there is any info on Anvil I will post it as well.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
That is very very close to the old Chrysler color called "Atlantic Blue".

·
Registered
165 Posts
SO glad I didn't hold out for this color!

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
I dig the look of Anvil in natural light.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would have called it Glacier Blue....it doesn't look Anvil to me.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.