Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie posting here ya'll.

Just purchased my first Jeep, a used '13 black Rubicon with a slightly damaged front grill. I could leave it but I would like to replace the grill with a chrome grill. The places I've looked on the internet all seem to offer chrome plated plastic grills which is not what I want. Any advice on where I should be looking?

Thanks all.

Newbie Jeep owner in Maryland.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Newbie posting here ya'll.

Just purchased my first Jeep, a used '13 black Rubicon with a slightly damaged front grill. I could leave it but I would like to replace the grill with a chrome grill. The places I've looked on the internet all seem to offer chrome plated plastic grills which is not what I want. Any advice on where I should be looking?

Thanks all.

Newbie Jeep owner in Maryland.
There was a special edition Wrangler that shipped with a chrome grille. Much like every other JK grille, it wasn't in fact metal but vacuum plated "chrome" over the plastic.

If you want the Mopar piece:

https://www.rubitrux.com/mopar-82210558ad-jeep-wrangler-grill.html

I don't believe you will find a JK grille in actual metal, at least not an OEM part or one that resembles the OEM part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a special edition Wrangler that shipped with a chrome grille. Much like every other JK grille, it wasn't in fact metal but vacuum plated "chrome" over the plastic.

If you want the Mopar piece:

https://www.rubitrux.com/mopar-82210558ad-jeep-wrangler-grill.html

I don't believe you will find a JK grille in actual metal, at least not an OEM part or one that resembles the OEM part.
Basicxj,

Thanks, I'm going to try it out, trying to recreate a modernized version of the classic Jeep with a chrome look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts