Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Time to change out my 2014 JK’s worn 255/75R17 Silent Armors for something new. For a daily driver on snow & ice it seems like the Cooper AT3 4S or Duratac tires might fit the bill, i.e., would like to avoid getting a dedicated winter tire while still being able to hit some of the rougher forest service roads in the area (don’t plan on running the Naches Trail in this rig). Both tires are rated Standard Load (SL) verses a “C” rating. Tacoma drivers seem to like the Cooper’s.
Anyone have experience with the Cooper’s on a JK?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I had a horrible experience with a set of Cooper tires, not these same ones but their customer service was atrocious and will never buy another set again.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I was not a fan of the AT3 in the winter but for comparison, I have a set of Cooper Evolution snow tires on the ZJ and a Prius and they are very good snow tires. IMO KO2's are the best all around tire with Nitto RG's a close second. I am running RG's only because you can't get a KO2 in 285-75-17.

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,492 Posts
I was not a fan of the AT3 in the winter but for comparison, I have a set of Cooper Evolution snow tires on the ZJ and a Prius and they are very good snow tires. IMO KO2's are the best all around tire with Nitto RG's a close second. I am running RG's only because you can't get a KO2 in 285-75-17.
Agreed, not on a JK but on a WJ I had 2 sets and they weren't a bad tire but they were slick as snot in the snow. Not much better than the OEM Goodyear SRA's in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
7,021 Posts
For a street oriented AT tire that is good in the snow I think the KO2's are pretty high up on the list.
They look reasonably aggressive, and they do work well in the dirt. But they also have excellent street manners.
If you really want a tire that can handle snow, without being a dedicated snow tire, that might be your best bet. If snow is not that important, and you just want a street tire, I would look at Michelin Defender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts