Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know something real quick, is there any difference between early model tj and late model tj roll bars?
Main thing I'm worried about is how the speaker pods mount since early model TJs had the bar, I'm not sure if there is a difference or not.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I think they are different tube sizes. Latter models are fatter.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
My son and I are installing an '03 tub on a '00 chassis. We are using all interior parts from the '00. The bolt holes on the '00 sound bar do not line up with the '03 sport cage. Also the windshield braces have wider mounting flanges on the '03. I plan on drilling my own holes and using nutserts in these areas.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Alright, thanks. Looks like I'll need to be looking for a late model roll bar, or try and bend mine back. Only thing with that, once its bent, its not as strong and bends easier.
If you had a line on a roll bar I wouldn't let those minor things deter me from getting it. Especially for the right price. I could remove the early cage and install in the late tub but I think it's easier to drill 8 new holes then mess with the cage mount bolts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts